Chapter 2: Constance- New kid

My alarm clock begins to ring, which I instantly shut off. Oh how I love the mornings! I look at the alarm and it shows exactly six o'clock in the morning. The birds are already outside chirping their songs to the sun, I smile happily and spring out of bed faster than a bullet leaving the barrel. Today is a special day for me, and I can't wait to start it. I take a quick shower, put my clothes on, brush my teeth, and run back to my room.

I sit down in front of my dresser, put in my contacts, and looked at my unruly hair that is already curling up into a puff ball. I brush my hair, my eyes watching my hands in the mirror, staring at my features. My emerald eyes, high cheek bones, rosy cheeks, and pouting lips that always happen when I brush my hair. When I finished brushing my hair, I stood up and looked at myself in the full length mirror. My dirty blonde hair reached my butt in waves, my black skinnies matched my boots, and my simple green muscle shirt held me lightly. Perfect!

I run down the stairs to find my brother, Jared, sitting at the bar by the door with a cup of coffee in his hands. He looks nothing like me. He has pitch black hair, and stormy gray eyes, while my hair is a golden dirty blonde, and my eyes an emerald green. Plus he hates the mornings.

He looks at me, obviously annoyed at the fact that he's up this early.

"Good morning grumpy pants," I tease as I make my way to the kitchen to get some coffee he brewed. I might be a morning person, but I'm also a coffee addict thanks to him.

"I hate you," he says bluntly.

I stop putting creamer into my cup and turned to him with a fake shocked face, "What!? What could I have possibly done now?" I say dramatically.

"I hate you and your morning ways!" he groans as he slams his head against the bar.

I smile at him and bring my coffee with me. "It's okay because I know, in all reality, you love me." I take a seat next to him on the bar just to poke his face. "Come on grumpy-kins," I say with a child's voice. "All you got to do is just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."

"Oh shut up," he gently pushes my shoulder, and looks up at me with an amused face. "You like that movie too much for your own good."

I smile and take a sip of my coffee. "Just a little," I say once I put it down.

"Yeah, yeah," he mutters as he gets up. "Come on let's get you registered."

"But, my coffee..."

"Take it with you!"

I let out an excited squeal, and sprint to the door. I've been homeschooled my whole life because my parents always told me I was too different from the other kids. I felt bad for Jared because he wasn't allowed to have friends over because my parents didn't want them to see me. This of course made me feel like I was some kind of freak.

'It's for your own good,' they used to tell me, but I always thought they were just being over protective. Oh well, that's the past and this is now.

I rush to the car, trying to open the locked passenger door.

"You do know the door is locked, right?" Jared casually says as he slowly steps off the porch steps.

"I realize that now, so can you please hurry?" I groan.

He chuckles a little bit and finally opens the car doors. I jump inside and buckle myself in before Jared closes his door. I sit impatiently watching him slowly turn on the ignition, put on his seatbelt, and take off the emergency brake. Once he finished he sat there waiting for something. What the heck is he waiting for?

"What are you waiting for?" I ask impatiently.

He looks at me and smiles, "You know I can't go anywhere with your door wide open."