Chapter 3: Willow- That bad temper

I was huffing and puffing so hard I could put the big bad wolf to shame. As I said before, I am not very fond of people and with the way this girl snapped at me she was about to end up dead! I can’t deal with her for a whole tour! They are going to have to give her to someone else, unless they want her going missing…

With one last glare in the direction she went, I turn to go to the office just about ready to dump that girl on some other unfortunate soul. I didn’t get far before the door slams on my face yet again. Thankfully, I did not fall this time but I was still very mad. Was this door attracted to me or something?

I don’t bother to even look at the guilty party that so carelessly slammed a door in my face and just stormed past him.  The last thing I needed was a third strike against me. My mom would not like that one bit. “Ms. Star… I thought you were showing the new kid around?” Nicky asks and I can’t help but notice she looked different today, wonder what the special occasion is.

Ok Willow focus! “I was but-” I start confidently but am cut short by the door opening.

“Mr. Darkling! Did you forget something?” Nicky’s bored tone goes to a high and flirty one, making me suppress the urge to roll my eyes. I always knew she was guy crazy, just didn’t think she would go to this extent to get their attention. Oh how I hate people.

“Oh no, I didn’t forget anything. I just came to apologize to…” that voice I knew that voice.

“Willow,” Nicky answers for me. I kid you not there’s drool on the corner of her mouth. “Apologize for what? If I may ask…”

“Willow…” he says my name softly, ignoring Nicky’s curiosity and making a shiver run down my spine. “What an interesting name.” My hands ball up into fists at this, I hated my name more than anything, but I stay silent hoping he would just leave. He doesn’t of course. “Well Willow, sorry for hitting you with the door. I do hope I did not hurt you.” Too late for that, not only did he slam a door to my face, but he also hurt me with just saying my name and daring call it interesting. Yes, I have issues.

“I’m fine,” I answer through clenched teeth. There is no need to even bother with my issues right now.  “Nicky! As I was saying, I-“

“Ms. Star! It is incredibly rude to speak to a teacher in that manner! You wouldn’t want another strike against you, now would you?” that annoying glint in her eyes made me pause my thoughts.

“And interrupting me isn’t?! Just answer my question. Do I have to show little miss perfect around or can it be someone else?”

She stares at me with shocked and angry eyes. “You most certainly do! And let me find out you didn’t, I will write your third strike and make sure you are suspended!”

My eyes began to burn with how angry I felt, but I didn’t say a word. I just tightened the fists I made, my nails digging in to my palm and turn to leave, but stop when I hear her whispered words “If she were only like Constance…” That was like a slap to my face and I could literally feel my body shake with rage and hurt. It seemed as though the room was getting darker and darker and I felt as though something was trying to escape me. I think it almost did, but a strong hand grabs my shoulder willing me to calm down. “Breathe. Just breathe and forget the anger you feel.” I listen to him and everything goes back to the way it was.

I leave the office without looking back and storm all the way to the library. I really don’t know how I knew she would be there and I really don’t want to think about it, but the moment I burst through the door there she was.  She was helping maybe the only person who actually likes me, Mrs. Leocadia, the schools librarian.