Chapter 12: Constance- The Date, The 'Movies', and The Party

I sit in my room, staring out the balcony window, watching the rain fall onto the earth. Minani never came for dinner. Damien arrived but went straight to my brother's room, and Jonathan just never showed. I know where she is though; she's with her mother, and Jonathan is with her.

I can feel Minani feel sad with herself, realizing who Damien really was. She feels like the way she did before. I guess, happy endings really don't exist. Memories continue to flood in, allowing me to feel empathy towards Damien.

********

"Damien! Where are you going!?" I yell as Ichase him through the forest.

He whips around and smiles when he sees me. "Princess Cadence," he bows. "I did not know you were following me."

I bow my head slightly. "It is fine, but where are you going? Why do you always disappear?"

He looks away nervously, "That is none of your concern."

I glare at him. "None of my concern? Are you sure you want to say that to me?"

He groans. "Princess I cannot tell you-"

"Damien, I demand that you tell me right now. I've kept the secret of you andmy sister; now I ask for this flavor in return."

He groans,"Fine! But you cannot tell anyone." I nod my head, complying to his request. "I am Damien Darkling, Prince of the-"

********

A knock on my door shakes me from my memory. "You may enter," I call.

Jared enters my room and bows. "Princess, your sister is here, as well as Jonathan and Erika Star."

I nod my head, "Bring Minani here please."

He bows and exits my room. A few minutes later Minani came in, her aura changed just like mine.

"Close the door, please," I say as I turn away from my balcony. She shuts the door behind her and stares at me with her sapphire eyes. "Minani, what is wrong?"

She stares at me with her blank stare. "Nothing is wrong, why do you ask?"

"Do not lie to me Min!" I rush to her and look her dead in the eyes. "I have known you since we were children, and even though I barely get to see you in this life, it does not change who we are!"

Her expression still blank, hiding how she really feels. "There is nothing wrong sister. We must discuss-"

"Uggh!" I groan in frustration. "Here you go! Acting as if your own happiness does not matter! Yes sister, I understand that you are darkness and I am light, but that doesn't mean that you deserve unhappiness!"

"The kingdom comes first; you should know this Cadence."

"'A Queen cannot truly rule, if they are unhappy' Min." I sigh repeating our father's words. "'An unhappy Queen is equal to an unhappy kingdom.' Do you not remember father telling us this when we were little?"

A small flicker in her eyes shows that she remembers. "Yes I do but we were just children! We didn't know any better!" She says frustrated.

I roll my eyes. "We may have been children, but that doesn't mean father was wrong!"

"Do you not understand who he is!? He is the prince of the kingdom that attacked ours!" She yells at me her shadows growing. I wasn't afraid though. I never was.

"Do YOU not understand the fact that he has imprinted on you!? That he waited for you!? That he took care of you not only in this realm, but also in our own!? Sister open your eyes and realize that he loves you!" I shout.