Chapter 29

Louis was doing some drill during practice with Niall watching, but his mind always wandered off to Harry. What if Nick had already pulled something on him? He kept thinking, but he always assured himself that Liam was there and he wouldn't let anything happen to Harry. 

He had found out that Nick excused himself in pretense that his ankle was twisted. Of course, Louis knew the truth. When he told the coach about his ankle, Louis saw Nick run off to the school while everyone else was busy with drills. 

"Tomlinson! Pay attention to the drills!" The coach yelled. Louis broke out of his thoughts and apologized, he saw Niall giving him a sympathetic look as he mouthed 'don't worry''. Although, Louis couldn't help but worry. 

He continues practicing drills until it was time for a break. 

10 minutes later, the coach yelled that it was time for a water break making Louis dash off to Niall. 

"Any news?" He asked breathlessly. 

"Yeah, Liam noticed that Nick would try and scoot closer to Harry and even purposely brush Harry's leg." Niall said. This information infuriated Louis. No one was allowed to get close to Harry. 

"That bastard. How dare he touch my Harry." Louis said angrily. 

"Mate, don't worry. Liam won't let anything happen. Alright?" Niall assured. 

"He better not make a move on him. Otherwise, Nick is a dead man." Louis said in rage. Niall passed a water bottle to Louis, who gulped down some. He had this cold look on this face which frightened Niall since he had never seen Louis so angry before. 

"I better get back. Practice ends in 20 minutes, alright?" Louis said, cooling down a bit. 

"Okay, I forgot my book in my locker so I have to get that." Niall said. Louis nodded and patted Niall's back before heading back to the field.

                                                                               *******

"So X would equal 23. Do you get it?" Harry said. He and Nick were working on some problems from the textbook and Harry had noticed that Nick's thighs were pressed against him and he could feel the older boy breathing down his neck. 

"No, not really. Could you please clarify as to how you got that answer again?" Nick asked, chewing on the cap of his pen. 

Harry sighed in annoyance, "This is the 5th time I explained this to you. Aren't you paying attention?" 

"Sorry, I was distracted." Nick said. 

"By what?" When Harry asked that, he almost wished he hadn't. Nick leaned down and played with Harry's hair.

"Your curls. They're so curly." Nick said in a surprisingly deep voice. Harry mentally rolled his eyes and flinched from Nick's touch. 

"Let's get back to work." He said, ignoring Nick's intense stare. 

"Nah, I have better plans." Nick whispered. Before he could do anything, his phone rang making Nick grumble in irritation. He pulled out his phone and answered the call. 

"What?" He said into the phone without even bothering to check the caller ID. There was some chatter on the other end and Harry couldn't make out what they were saying.

Nick pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "No, I was going to but.." He paused and looked at Harry. Nick stood up and walked away from the younger boy. Harry had this feeling that Nick and the person he was talking to on the phone were discussing about him.