Chapter 14: Pre-Battle Bonfire

When Jake and I went back with my family they were all ready to go to the campsite. They were just waiting for us. Once Carlisle saw me he immediately notice my new necklace. When I told him who gave it to me and why they gave it to me he smiled. 

"How honorable," he said.

"It represents my two families," I said and he nods. 

Arriving at the campsite, Edward went to set up Nessie's tent so she can sleep at night. Everyone stayed back while Jake and I went to get some branches to start a fire. When I returned I notice Carlisle and Edward by Nessie's tent watching over us. I caught Carlisle's eyes and smiled he returned it. I saw Tanya and her coven by a corner, the Irish coven in other and the rest in different corners with their covens or alone. Alistair was all by himself leaning on a tree watching us. Jake threw the branches that we got on the ground and Benjamin used his powers to light it up. Jake, Benjamin, his mate Tia, and I sat on a log that Emmett brought over. 

"That's what I'm talking about, some pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories," Jake said before looking around.

"Or just standing around looking like freakin' statues," Jake said frowning. All of a sudden Garrett comes and sits in front of us, where another log was at. 

"Name any American Battle and I was there," Garrett said.

"Uh, Little Bighorn" Jake said and Garrett smiled. 

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians got him first," Garrett said just as Kate comes in sitting on Garrett's lap. Tanya and her coven comes and sits by them.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own" Kate said. Liam and his coven, the Irish, decided to join us in our storytelling. 

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War. No one does rebellion like the Irish" Liam said.

"You lost the Eleven Years' War," Garrett said frowning.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion" Liam smirked. Just then the others decided to join us, even Vladimir and Stefan. I looked over to them. 

"What about you guys?" I asked them.

"What about us?" Vladimir asked confused.

"Whats your story?" I asked and they smiled. 

"When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor-seekers. Such was our power. but we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints" Vladimir said.

"We were honest about what we were," Stefan said.

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify" Vladimir said making me frown.

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles," Stefan said.

"We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages" Vladimir said.

"So all this time you've been waiting?" I asked them.

"Correct, floarce micā," Vladmiri said. 

Honestly, I don't know what that meant but he has been calling me that since the first day he met me. When I asked Carlisle he sighed but he didn't tell me so I asked the other they just stared and walked away. And I'm too lazy to search it up so now I still don't know what that means. 

CARLISLE'S POV:

I watched them tell their war stories as Edward and me guards Nessie's tent. I hear Edward sigh.