Chapter 8: Awaken

Carlisle Pov:

Three days, three long miserable days, I waited for my love to awaken. Waiting for the unpredictable to happen. Would she accept this new life of hers? Would she stay with us, with me? Or would she ask to end it short? Did she ever think of becoming one of us? Was Embry telling the truth? Did he know her true intentions in her life? Did he know her better than I, who suppose to be her mate? Please wake up soon. I don't know what to do, Amelia. Tell me what to do. Please.

At the end of the first night, she stopped moving. She just laid there, unmoving looking pale. If you didn't know that she was becoming a vampire, you would have thought that she has died. The once happy going, full of life Amelia was no longer there. Before my eye laid a lifeless body. Edward took Bella home, they didn't want her here when Amelia wakes up. Who knows what will happen.

On the second night, was the worst. Amelia's heart was slowly giving up. She'll soon look as pale as me. Her once rosy cheek will be all white. No sign of pink, whatsoever. Her warmth that I loved feeling against my cold hard skin will no longer be there. Her heartbeat that was once my melody will forever be still. All in all, her human characteristics will no longer be there, now she'll be a 'cold one'. An enemy of her own people and I'm the cause of it.

The third and final night of her transformation was nerve wrecking. I didn't know what to do or say once she wakes up. What would happen? My family was all in the living room waiting for her heart to finally stop. For her to wake up. They were waiting for their mother's arrival. When her heart permanently stopped beating, I held my breath, even though I didn't need too. I walked over to the door, just in case she needs time and space to adjust. Or probably to leave her when she demands me to leave. Demanding me to leave her alone, forever. With the last heartbeat, I remained still, waiting for her to open her now red eyes.

She opened her eyes, yet didn't move nor did she talked. Just stared at the ceiling, I watched as she raised her right hand up first and then her left. Examining her hands, looking at them, feeling the texture. The coldness, the hardness of her new hands. After a few minutes she sat up, looking around, her new red eye stared at me. Amelia was beautiful as human but as a vampire, she's a goddess. No one can compare to her, not even close. She made Rosalie look plain. Amelia is the most beautiful creature that ever walked on Earth. She blinked a couple of time to get used to her new vision. She opened her mouth, closed it and opened it again.

"Mmm, ooh... I sound different" Amelia cover her mouth with her right hand. Her voice was now a song. A beautiful song. Her voice will attract many to her if she wanted she can lure many to their deaths. She slowly puts her hand down. 

"I thought that I would have at least kept one of my human qualities." Amelia frowns.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to act. Should I go over there and hug her? Kiss her? Call her my mate? Should I leave and give her some space? I was at lost to what to do and say. So I just stood there, like an idiot. Never in all my 400 years have I felt so useless. What good was I to her, when I didn't know how to help her? She continues to stare at me. Not saying or doing anything, just stared at me. I didn't know what was going on her mind. I couldn't pinpoint her emotions, her newborn eyes were hard to understand.

"Am I truly that horrible to look at?"She jokes. 

I was shocked that she would be joking. I imagined that she would scream at me. Or she would even cry. But I wasn't expecting for her to joke around. 

"What's wrong? Why aren't you talking?" Amelia asked.

I didn't say anything. How could I? I was the reason why she was a heartless monster, just like me. Now every day she'll always be in hiding. Never would she feel the warm sun on her skin. She would never breathe the fresh air of the forest. Never would she feel her heart beating. She would never feel cold, hot or warm. Eternally frozen at the age of 18th.