Chapter 7: you let her die

The day of the battle, Emily and I prayed, prayed for everyone's safety. For them all to be good so that they can come home. I wanted Sam here with me, lecturing me about the dangers of life. I wanted Embry here telling me corny pickup lines. I wanted to hear Quil's laugh, laughing at Embry at his bad attempts at hitting on me. I also wanted to hear Jared's and Paul's idiotic arguments about the smallest things. I wanted to be in Seth's adorable arms, keeping me warn and for Sam to tell me to leave him alone. I wanted to hear Jake's nonstop talks about Bella and how being with Edward is bad. I even wanted to see Leah's glare, I just wanted my family back safe and alive.

Sam told Quil to stay back and to protect Emily and I. He was a little bummed out that he wasn't going to be a part of something important but he was happy to keep us safe. Emily and I weren't allowed to leave the house for no reason. Quil will be outside, in wolf form, protecting us.

"Ugh, this is so boring," I say sighing for the twelfth time this hour. Emily rolled her eyes as she puts the cookies into the oven.

"Look I don't like it either but it's for our safety. This is the only way Sam would leave us with a peace of mind" Emily said. 

I knew she was worried about the boys and we both know that. But this is so damn boring. I sigh and nod. I haven't done anything for the past hour since Sammy and the boys left. Suddenly we heard a loud yell. Emily and I turned to the door, waiting for something. Then we heard a loud bark, that was Quil telling us to hide. Emily and I ran to the bedroom. Before we could make it, Emily was thrown across the room.

"EMILY!" I screamed out Emily's name as she hit the wall and blacked out. 

Standing right in front of me, was a man with red eyes. He was probably around his early 20's, light brown hair, he was about Sam's height. He was dangerously beautiful. This red eye man turns to me and smirked.

"So, you're the reason why all this happened?" The red man says looking at me and down. 

I quickly glanced at Emily to see if she was okay. She was laying down on the floor, not moving but it seemed like she was breathing. God, I hope she was breathing. Damn it, where the hell is Quil? The cold man came walking towards me, slowly, very slowly like a predator watching his prey. I was walking backward until I hit a wall. Breathing hard, heart beating fast, palms sweating, damn it, this was it.

"What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" he said smirking.

".... You know you're quite the catch. .... To bad he didn't change you. You would make one beautiful vampire. Too bad, so sad." He was taunting me. Trying to scare me even more. And it was working. 

"Don't worry I'll make it fast. You'll won't even feel a thing. After that I'll leave, no one would know I was here." He says as his left-hand touched my cheek. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see his face. A tear came down my face, his thumb wiped it away. I felt his breath on my neck, screw this I wasn't going down with a fight. With all my might, I didn't know if this would work or not but I hit him where I knew a normal human male shouldn't be hit. I kneed him in his balls and he came down. Holy shit it worked. I passed him, about to run but he pulled my hair.

"Stupid bitch I was going to kill you quickly but now I'm going to make it as painful as possible." He says angrily. 

He pulled my hair and threw me across to the living room. He threw me causing me to break the t .v. Fuck and we just bought that. I probably fractured some bone, maybe get some bruises. I knew I cut somewhere on my arm because I felt something warm sliding down. He picked me up from my neck and threw me into the kitchen. Hitting my head on the table. Great I reopened my cut I have gotten from James. He came to me slowly, like he had all the god damn time in the world.