Chapter 11: We're what?

I came home from the Cullens, Sam was sitting down on the couch, holding a beer. I thought by now he should be back at Emily's. But no, he's here at my place, drinking a beer. He didn't only have one beer, but three not much but still. I wonder whats going through that alpha's head of his. I sat next to him and nudge his leg. He turns to look at me with tears in his eyes. I frown as I wiped away a fallen tear.

"Hey, what wrong?" I asked him, I really didn't like seeing him like that. He may be alpha but he's my friend.

"Can I tell you a story?" he asked me, confusing me but I nod. He placed down his beer and sighs. "Once upon a time," he begins to say but I cut him off.

"This isn't about some cheesy princess, about how she falls in love, right? Because if it is then, I'm sorry, but you can stop right there" I said teasing him. He pushes me lightly and we both laugh. He becomes serious again. 

"No, this is about how a little boy lost his only cousin because his parent were selfish bastards. You see there were these twin sister's who loved each other so much. They would do anything for one another. But as they grew up there responsibilities changed. The oldest twin, Annabeth, wanted a family, she wanted to get marry a nice man and to be the perfect family. Her sister, on the other hand, Allison didn't want that. She wanted to be free, wanted to go to parties and to live the life. So she hung out with the wrong crowd. But they both wanted the same thing, they wanted to leave their hometown. Annabeth got lucky and she got married to a doctor and they moved not far away but away from her hometown.

 Three years before Annabeth got married, Allison got pregnant by the town's playboy. Of course, Annabeth being the oldest was mad. They were 17, way too young to have kids. And especially by the town's playboy. But Allison insisted that he changed and with the baby, on the way, he'll be a good husband and father. Annabeth didn't believe her but agreed anyway. To make her sister happy. Allison's husband had a gambling problem. Allison to ashamed and too prideful to ask for her sister's help didn't say anything. Let it happen for years. One day Allison and Annabeth got into a heated argument, they stopped talking for a year. Not one word didn't come to birthday parties or anything. Allison had her son, she was happy didn't need anyone, not her only living relative. 

Annabeth had a little girl, the most adorable girl ever. She was kind and smart. Oh, she was so smart, especially for being a little girl. Her daughter looked like her mother and father. She took over her father's genes. She was light skin, light brown hair almost as if it was blonde. But she's short like her mother 5'3, has the cutest button nose ever. And the best part of it all is that she has her mother's eyes. The most unique deep dark brown eyes. So beautiful. 

Annabeth loved her so much. She thought that she was the greatest blessing ever. When Annabeth and Allison reconciled their relationship. Their kids became inseparable. Allison's son didn't leave Annabeth's daughter without being by her side. He took care of her as if she was his little sister. Every day they'll talk on the phone, even though Annabeth's daughter couldn't talk so well. Every weekends the sisters would come together for the sake of their kids. When one of them would get sick the other would know. They were like twins. They were happy. 

But sadly, Annabeth and her husband were killed in a car accident. Leaving their only four-year-old daughter all alone. Allison and her husband were financing struggling and with her sister death took a toll on her. Allison couldn't believe that her sister wasn't with her anymore. Allison and her husband couldn't fully raise her sister's daughter without going bankrupt." Sams stops, deep sighs and another tear ran down his face. This was the saddest story I have heard.

"So Allison's husband suggested to do something so evil, til this day Allison's son hasn't nor would he forgive his father and mother for selling his little cousin. He told his wife that they should sell the little girl to a rich couple. They would pay a lot of money for her. Saying that with the money they get, they can pay off the bills and it would pay for their son's college. The mother thought of her son and agreed. But the couple's condition was that they never see the little girl ever again. Allison and her husband agreed, the couple paid them and left. Taking away the little girl. At the moment Allison's son made a promise to his cousin, that he'll find her and bring her home. He'll protect her and keep her safe. 

Things weren't going good back with Allison and her husband. With all that money, her husband thought he could make more. So he gambled away all their money, leaving them penniless. Allison was furious how could he do that. That money was supposed to help pay the bill and for their son's college. Allison kicked out her husband, blaming him for everything. Allison told her son on her deathbed, to find his cousin, to bring her home and to ask for her forgiveness. She should have never sold her in the first place. And if she didn't forgive her, she understood. Something like that isn't easy to forgive. 

Three years later, Allison's son was 19 years old, he found his cousin. But she has lost her parents once again. Not only has she lost her biological parents but her adopted ones, as well. He found the judge and he convinced him to let her move to her hometown. That he'll watch over her, he promised. The judge took pity on the boy so he agreed. After all this time, his little cousin was coming home. He was happy, all he wanted for her was to be happy.

However, when she came she was hanging out with the wrong group of people. They caused so much pain and suffering and yet she still forgave them. She said she hasn't but I know she has. Because that who she is. She has a kind heart but she's fierce like a lion." Sam said. And something in me was screaming at me to know who was that little kids. I had a theory but I was too scared to say it, to asked that question that I already know. 

"W-what was t-their names?" I finally ask and I knew I'll probably regret it. He looks at me, tears in his eyes silent answering my question. 

"The boy's name is Sam Uley. And his little cousin is Tamami Grace William. But her adopted parents named her Amelia Rose Ravellion" he finally said it. I started to cry, he wasn't lying. How could he with those sad eyes. Am I his cousin? 

"D-does t-that mean I'll turn to a huge dog? Cause that would suck" I ask, crying but laughing. We both laughed. He shook his head.

"No, our mother's didn't have the blood. So you're clear. You won't turn to a huge dog." Sam says smile. 

"Alright, so I'm cousins with the alpha," I ask, but mostly to myself. I mean yeah it's crazy but I believe him. 

"Wait. You believe me?" Sam asked surprised. I shrug 

"Yeah, I do. I mean if vampires and massive werewolves are real. Than us being cousins I believe and plus I'm pretty sure you're not lying. I believe you and I trust you" I tell him. He hugs me tightly. 

"Welcome home, Nani. I missed you" Sam whispers lightly. 

I barely managed to hear it but heard it and I'm glad. That we have at least one living relative alive. Mine happens to be a werewolf. That night we didn't sleep. We stayed up all night long, talking about everything. Getting to know one another. We laughed, cried some more but most importantly we got to know one another. We become cousins again, once again we can be brother and sister.