Chapter 20

"Why?" Kendall asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Why what?" I replied, putting my car in park.

"Why are we out in the middle of no where?" He asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I rolled down my window, propping my legs up on the window before answering.

"Because I can't murder you in front of the public eye. There would be a chance of paparazzi catching me, or the police: I figured we'd drive out here and I could do it." I said in a normal tone. He looked over at me, raising an eyebrow.

"If so, at least let me go on a date with you before." I rolled my eyes, sighing. This boy was a headache. He needs to really just stop trying, like seriously.

"You try too hard, Blondie. Go take a monkey on a date." I told him, gathering my hair up and wrapping my black hair tie around it 3 times.

"Why a monkey?" He laughed, his nose scrunching up. I pulled my legs underneath me and resting an elbow on the center console.

"You two look alike so maybe you'd make a cute couple." I smirked. I loved being a jerk to him. It was hilarious. He always got so offended, even if I was joking half the time.

"You're really mean." He cried, sticking out his lower lip and pouting.

"I get that a lot." I paused and looked at the roof like I was thinking. I pulled out a pack of gum, unfolding the wrapper. I bent the stick in half, popping it in my mouth and chewing on it. I turned the radio up a little and threw my last piece at Kendall.

"Your last piece?" He gasped, faking astonishment. "What's the flavor?" I leaned forward, blowing in his face. I tilted my head to the side, waiting for his answer.

"Spearmint?" His voice was uncertain.

"Cool mint, idiot. I mean seriously, how do you not know the exact flavor of gum by smelling it?" Sarcasm was my best friend. He rolled his eyes at me, throwing his trash at me.

"Do you wanna sit on the hood?" I asked him, opening my door. He looked between me and the hood of my car.

"Is it safe?" He licked his lips, unbuckling anyway.

"We don't weigh as much as an elephant, Kendork. And if you're implying my Sally is old, then go jump off that cliff over there." I shut the door with my hip as he got out. He smiled, shaking his head.

"Your love for this car is stupid." He sighed. I climbed up on the hood, stretching my legs out and kicking my flip flops off.

"Your face is stupid." I smiled a smile as fake as Barbie and cocked my head. I patted the spot next to me and Kendall climbed up. He put his arms in his knees, looking over at me.

"You know we only have a month left, right?" He told me, looking up at the sky.

"Until I never have to speak to you again? Great!" I faked enthusiasm, grinning.

He didn't speak for a while.

"Do you really mean that? Do you really hate me that much?" His voice was small, like a child's.

"I don't hate you, just strongly dislike." I sighed, pressing my lips together.

"I mean it, Sadie." He grumbled.

"I like hanging out with you, Kendall. But I'm winning the bet whether you like it or-" He cut me off.

"How do you know that? How do you know you're going to win? Is it really such a shot in the dark for you to like me? For us to go on a date and you start to like me? I know I'm not the best and I can't make you like me but-" He was ranting but I cut him off like he did to me.

"Stop it, just shut up. You are the best, Kendall, the best I know. It's me, okay? Even if I did like you like that, I wouldn't be good for you." I said. It was the truth. Go date another famous person and fall in love and have baby Kendall's, just not with me."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, laying down on the windshield with his hands behind his head.

"Sorry is a sorry word." I told him, looking at the cloudless sky.

"Yeah, well so is your face." He blurted out.

"What?" I asked him, confused. Did he really just say that?

"Um." He was at a loss for words, his face burning red.

"That made no since, Blondie." I stated, laughing.

"I was trying to be like you." He admitted, a blush covering his cheeks. I ruffled his hair, leaning back on my elbows so I could see him.

"No one can be Sadie Burns except Sadie Burns." I smirked, flipping my pony tail off my shoulder. Kendall looked at me and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I know. That's-" He started to say something else but stopped. He looked in my eyes and started leaning in. He was close, his eyes on my lips when I sat up.

"Kendall, I- we can't-" I started, trying not to go off on him.

"I- I'm sorry, Sadie. I shouldn't have tried to." He rushed, sitting up. "I know you probably would've kissed any random guy but it's me so obviously you don't want to and I shouldn't have made a move on-"

"Excuse me?" I asked him, incredulous. "Random guy, huh? Is that how you think I am?"

"I didn't mean to say that, I was babbling. I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shoved it off, jumping off the hood. What gave him the right to say that? To try and kiss me? I was furious.

"Come on. We're going home." I said through gritted teeth, opening the door and starting the engine before slamming my door shut. Kendall got in without saying anything and I pulled off, driving down the road. The silence was deafening but he didn't say anything and neither did I. When I pulled up in front of his house, it was dark. We had driven nearly 2 hours. I rested my forehead and palms on the wheel.

As he started to close the door I sat up and spoke, "Call me later." even though it was already 11 o'clock.

He looked at me, stopping the door. The car light was barely enough for me to see him.

"Okay." He smiled lightly.

"Okay." I nodded. He shut the door and walked away. He looked back, waving.

I rolled my eyes and drove away.

What?! What!? I honestly can't believe how long I didn't write and I don't even know why I'm updating. Don't expect a chapter anytime soon because I have no ideas. Sorry. This wasn't the best chapter, and it's kinda short but oh well.
Leave your thoughts in the comments :))))))

xoxo-a