Chapter 10

"So he went to work with you?" Katie asked, kicking her feet as he laid upside down on the couch.

"Ooh I bet they did stuff if you know what I mean." Bailey teased, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Um, first of all, ew. Second, I've only known him for 4 days, and 3, I hate him." I told her.

"Yeah, yeah." Katie said rolling her eyes. I sent her a glare and she shut up.

"So what did you guys do then?"

"Well I worked, and he helped me put away records and we went to lunch at In N Out." I messed with the ends of my black and dirty blonde hair, my mind wandering to Phillip. Why couldn't he just leave me alone, god. I mean, he already took Max from me but Colton? That was even lower.

"Sadie? Sadie?" They dragged out, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry, I was thinking about adding more streaks in my hair." I told them, partly the truth. I had been thinking about it earlier, just not at this moment.

"Oh, again?" Katie gave me a disapproving look. She was all for beauty and health and apparently adding different colored streaks each month was over doing it. I didn't listen to her.

"Yes and I can do what I want. But anyway, I was thinking of green and pink to match the black." I shrugged and Bailey looked at me.

"I can see that on you."

I glanced at my phone, jumping up. "Dang it I was supposed to meet Colton 5 minutes ago! Gotta go bye!" I told them, running out the door. In 20 minutes I was knocking on his door. He opened it up then frowned.

"You're late."

"And you're stupid." I hugged him before walking in. "So what are we doing today? Black Ops tournament, laser tag, eat food, all of the above?" I listed, plopping down on the couch.

"You know, this is my house." He told me, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

"Then why do I have a room here?" I shot back, smirking.

"It's a guest room." He rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"I'm older."

"So? I'm stronger."

"Yeah right." I answered before Colton tackled me to the ground. I managed to roll over, getting on top of him. Our hands were pushed against each others as we tried moving each other. Colton rolled us back over and his fingers went for my stomach. I let out a shriek, kicking him.

"God, Sadie!" He yelled, holding his stomach. I rolled off of him, sitting beside him.

"I have no control over my body when your tickle me." I held my hands up in defense as he shot me a glare. "Glares-"

"Don't work on me, I know." He groaned, rolling his eyes and sitting up. "So what now?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Uh, I don't know." I shrugged, crossing my legs. My stomach growled a few seconds later. "I'm hungry."

"No way!" He faked surprise, holding a hand to his mouth. I hit his arm, using him to pull myself up. "Wanna go to Starbucks?" 

"That place is too clique. All the girls there post pictures of their drinks and it's annoying."

"Uh, Tony's?" With that, I agreed. Tony's was this really good pizza place and we've been going there since I was a child. I grabbed my phone and we arrived in less than twenty minutes. As we walked in, I took a deep breath. The smell of dough, tomato sauce, and cheese filled the air, with the occasional pepperoni.

"I love this place." I sighed happily, sliding into a booth.

"Who doesn't?" Colton replied, sitting across from me.

"Losers." I shrugged. When the waitress came we ordered our drinks and a large cheese pizza. We normally ate the whole thing on our own. We were talking randomly when four guys came up. 

"Hey Sadie!" Carlos welcomed, his big boy-ish smile displayed on his face. James and Logan said hi too. My eyes scanned the faces, frowning.

"I just can't stay away from you guys, can I?" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Who are they?" Colton asked me protectively, tensing up and sending them all glares.

"Just this boyband." I rolled my eyes again. "I made a bet." I shrugged, taking a sip of my soda when the waiter set it down.