Chapter 16

"Are you really going to do this?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows. I shook the can of neon green spray, taking in a deep breath. My new apartment still smelled like fresh paint. 

"Do you really have to ask me that?" I asked him, smirking. I looked back to the white walls, shaking the can and taking off the cap. I pulled up my white mask, looking at Kendall to make sure he did the same. I held up my arm and pushed down. A stream of green mist went into the air and appeared on the wall. I finished what I wanted to with the green and picked up the next color, neon orange, and shook it. 

I looked over at Kendall as he watched in awe. A few minutes later I took of the mask, smiling proudly and dropping the empty can onto the tarp, dozens more surrounding my feet. He took of his mask, dropping it to the floor.

"Wow." He muttered, his eyes scanning the wall. I looked at it, taking it in. I painted a skull with neon designs on one wall that was by the door. On the wall that lead into the kitchen were 4 black bird silhouettes in mid-flight. Beside it in black were the words, "She changed." My smile grew wider.

"Where'd you get the idea for these?" Kendall asked, pointing to the wall. I, not thinking, wiped my hands on my borrowed jeans. I looked over at him before lifting up the side on my shirt. I looked down at the tattoo, the first bird starting right next to my hip bone and the others slightly wrapping around to my side, ending below my rib cage.

"One for each of my family members and one for Max." I said. His cold fingers traced the 4 birds. then I put my tank top down and lifted up only my shirt. At the top of my back in the very middle were the words "She changed." I put my shirt back down and turned to Kendall. 

"The skull was just something I saw around the city before...I liked it."

"Do you have any more?" He asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, I do." I said, looking straight into his eyes. He wouldn't see them. Not now, not ever. He won't know me long enough. He looked away, getting the message.

"I have a few." He said. He held out his wrist, a tattoo of a bracelet on his wrist. I had seen it but never asked about it. "It's for our fans."

"You mean the non- existent ones?" I joked. He lifted up his sleeve, showing me a few more. On his other shoulder, I was awed. I traced the skull and it's designs. 

"I like this one." I said, licking my lips. 

"Came up with it myself." He smile, looking at it. 

"Well, I'm going to pretend you're lying because that would mean you're good at something, Blondie." I smiled up at him. 

"Whatever." He mumbled as his phone began to ring. He took it out of his pocket and and answered it. "Hey dude....I'm at Sadie's new place...Oh shut up!...Sure....Yeah, 3rd house on the left...Kay, see you, Logan." 

"Well?" I asked him, wondering what Logan wanted.

"Logan invited us to lunch and I said yes." He told me.

"Um, did you think of asking me?" I asked him, putting my hands on my hips.

"Why would you turn down a chance to get food?" He mocked my words from the other day, grinning. I was about to ask when Logan would be here when I heard the roar of a motorcycle engine. I hurried to the door, opening it. I saw Logan kick down the stand and take the keys from the ignition.

"Dang, that's a sweet bike." I whistled, walking up to him.

"I know." Logan smirked, pulling off his helmet. I ran my hands over the glossy paint of the bike, looking at the console. I turned to Kendall, putting my hand up to shield my eyes from the sun.