Chapter 18

"You're a freaking jerk." I groaned, burying my head in my pillow. My room was flooded with light, the boxes casting shadows around the room.

"Now, why am I a jerk?" Kendall asked, my phone squished against my face.

"Because," I paused to yawn, "You woke me up early."

"Sadie." He stated, his voice filled with amusement.

"What?" I mumbled, my eyes fluttering close.

"It's 1:03 p.m." He said and I shot up, my eyes wide.

"You have got to be kidding me." I groaned. "I was supposed to be at work."

"One day off won't hurt you." He tried convincing me.

"True..." I trailed off. "But why, you unholy beast, did you wake me up!" I yelled into the phone, getting louder as I went on.

"Calm down, Baby Doll. I wanted to see what you wanted to do today. We still have 32 days left and you've had a few days off." He said and I groaned.

"Do I have to? I was already stuck with you yesterday at the beach." I complained, running a hand through my messy hair.

"Again, you agreed to the bet." He told me. "And yes you do."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes,

"Don't roll your eyes." He said, causing me to huff.

"What are you doing, stalking me, Blondie?" I asked him, adjusting my sweatshirt.

"No I only do that on Sundays." 

"Freaking creep."

"You love it." I could picture the grin on his face.

"I hate it." I retorted, rolling my eyes once again. "Call me in an hour and we'll decide what to do then." I told him, hanging up before he agreed, knowing he would. I, unwillingly, threw my blanket off me, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I stood up, my knees cracking in result. I twisted, stretching my back. I walked through my quiet house, into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair before getting in the shower. As I shampooed I hummed along the tune of "Demons", having listened to that song on repeat on the ride home yesterday.

Once I got out, I dried my body, wringing my hair with the towel. I walked into the kitchen, my towel still wrapped around my body, feeling as though I was starving. I grabbed a jar of peanut butter, proceeding to my room. I ate a spoonful before reaching my closet, making sure my curtians were closed. I grabbed the first things I saw: my Pierce The Veil tee, black shorts, and my black and white Vans. I quickly got dressed, going back to the bathroom to untangle my hair. I blow dried it in 5 minutes, putting on my make up and putting in my piercings. I put in an aqua blue stud in my nose to match my hair.

I walked into the kitchen, eating another spoonful of peanut butter. I figured Kendall and I could go and get actual food. As soon as I thought that my phone rang. I answered without looking at the name.

"Hello?" I answered, my voice muffled by peanut butter.

"Sadie?" Kendall asked.

"No the it's the Muffin Man." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"So, what are we doing today?" He asked as I walked into the living room. I sat down cross legged on the couch, thinking.

"I don't know." I told him. "But we need to go somewhere to eat 'cause I haven't gone to the store and I'mm son going to run out of peanut butter." I told him. 

"Okay well we could...go see a movie?" He suggested.

"Nah." I answered.

"Go for a walk."