2

I got an earful last night from Jae. It was worth it. I finally got to talk to my old friends. During breakfast I snuck out, I know that I'll be here for a few more weeks until they can find another family to stick me with for the time being. It sucks being stuck in that orphanage all day. The kids are loud and they all have their own friend groups. New ones coming in and others going out. Like I've said before, I've been here my whole life so I know how it all works. What I haven't said is that in my 17 years I've had over 75 homes. I know, that's a lot. But again like I've said before, none of the families ever stick. Even when I was young, the families never wanted me, which I didn't mind. I hated every family when I was younger and fought against the system. I eventually gave up though.

I make my way to the café. The little chime sounds when I open the door and my friends who work the shifts in the morning smile to me. I ask if there's a job open. The boss says there's always a spot open for me. I started working, I texted Jae and told her I got a job before shutting off my phone.

_________________

The thing I realized about working at a café is that the mornings are slow and around lunch it's packed. NaMi and Yi come into their shifts right before lunch and when they see me behind the counter handing a customer their change they couldn't help but scream and tackle me in a hug together, ending with us on the floor and the poor customer getting startled to death. I was wiping tables after our lunch rush, right before my break.

"So what was that about yesterday?" Yi asks with a curious look.

"Oh Jae was just being a worry wort like always. I got kicked out again." I tell them. They are the only people I have ever trusted with my orphan secret.

"Again? Isn't that like the third one in two months?" NaMi asks as she dries some cups.

"Actually it was the fifth one in three months." I mumble but they still catch it, the look of shock on their faces was priceless but it didn't even stiffle a laugh in me at this moment.

"F-fifth!!!" Yi stutters.

The chime sounds off making all further questions disappear into thin air. Yi looks to the customer, from staring at me, as we all do. Jimin looks around as he walks up to the counter. Shock fills me and I drop my rag, having to bend over to pick it up. I hear him order before he walks over, I stand up quickly once I think he's near me. In standing up I hit my head on the table with a 'bang'. My small 'ouch' follows and my hand flies to my head, another hand lands ontop of mine and I turn to connect eyes with Jimin who looks worried.

"Ah~!" he gasps, "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you Hero~ah." he tells me with a smile.

"I-It's f-fine." I stutter like a lovesick school girl, a light blush forms over my cheeks.

I take my cloth and walk to the back of the shop. I grab my cash from my bag and head back to the front, in that few minutes Yi had given Jimin his drink and he was now sitting at the table we were sitting at yesterday. I buy my own drink going on my break, before sitting across from him.

"So you're working here now?" he asks as I sit down.

"Yeah, I mean i'm going to be here for a while, so why not get a job. Plus I graduate in a few weeks so i'm going to need money to move out." I tell him sipping on my hot coco.

"What was that thing with the police officer about yesterday?" I knew he would ask, so I came up with the lie I always use.

"Oh, my mom is a big worrier. I kind of jumped out of the car yesterday and ran off." I tell him.

"Why did you do that?" worry crosses his face.

"She told me something I didn't like and I didn't want to deal with it at that moment." I explain and he nods.

"Hey do you maybe want to hang out tomorrow after you get off work?" he asks so suddenly.

"Umm sure, I get off around 6." I tell him and he nods.

__________________

My break passes by really quick and I learn a bit more about Jimin. Like how he works in the entertainment community, how he has six bestfriends that he lives with, and that he's 22 and that his birthday is in October, two days after mine. He learns a little more about me, but not all the stuff I said was true. Yi and NaMi looked up at us everytime I told a small lie. I was back to work right after break which was alright because Jimin gave me his phone number and then left to get back to his work.

Around 6 I pack up and head back, it's getting dark quickly so I wave to the others and wish them luck on the dinner shift which can be packed too. I rush to the orphanage which is a fairly large building but it doesn't stick out in any sense. I rush in and head to the cafeteria to get food before dinner when it's packed. I then head up to my room. I pass by windows into the small play areas for the smaller children. It shocked me that there were still other families here looking at the children. Of course everyone wants the smaller kids, they are always the cutest ones. Us older kids have a harder time getting adopted, no family wants a troubled child, especially if you can get a smaller child who can grow up and change their ways.

I went to bed fairly early tonight, ready to get up early and start a new day at work.