Chapter 5 - Eyes and Heartbeats

Marinette sat on the chair beside Mr. Agreste and searched through the large crowd for that one favorite face of hers. There were many men in tuxedos and women in gowns , and if she knew Adrien and his dad well, Adrien would be either still getting ready or wasn't going to be there in this party, because if he was here , then surely his place would be just beside her or somewhere on the stage, but she didn't find him anywhere. She looked at everyone around her and in the large bustle in front of her . And just then in the middle of the whole hall , spotlight was shone on 2 people , Marinette looked towards it and there her heartbeats increased and her face became red by seconds bygone. Those were the captivating green eyes , the big ones , the ones she had fallen for , the ones that were a whimsical feature to see.

He was standing there  , not alone but with a girl , someone Marinette knew very well, and just as the light reflected on her face  Marinette's world came crashing down . CHLOE!  What was she doing there and why was she standing arms linked with Adrien?

  Jealous  , that was what Marinette felt,  of all faces she could see , she had to see Chloe's that too her standing sooo close to Adrien. She squinted her eyes and rubbed them,  then squinted them and then rubbed them , just to make sure she was seeing properly and that Chloe wasn't imaginary. 

Damn it! Chloe is with my Adrien

And just then Chloe leaned closer to Adrien and gave him a hug , to which Marinette's face turned to a disgusted one. Adrien stood with a straight , expressionless face even with so much commotion and Chloe around him. Marinette felt her blood boil and she looked straight towards Adrien.

Adrein found discomfort in hugging Chloe , but he had to accept it so he kept quiet.  He looked around the crowd to not look like a creep and when he looked towards the stage , he saw someone so magnificent,  so charming , so alluring and so enthralling sitting in a red dress looking straight at him . Eyes were dark as the night sky , but there was a twinkle just like stars in them , there was something that made him sink into them , something peep into those eyes and something that made him lose himself in them.

Marinette's eyes found Adrien's green ones , so rapturous,  so fascinating ,so striking. His eyes were magical , like they would transport him to a total different world , a world where everything was so beautiful and flawless just like him. The  pairs of eyes locked into each other for minutes , but they felt like hours striking with every second actually passing by, and Marinette felt her heart would leap out of the rib cage any moment.

Just then Chloe pulled Adrien with her and rushed him towards the ball section , all the time Marinette dragged her eyes where ever Adrien would go with Chloe, and she had just been dancing for what seemed so very long .
Marinette felt like she had lost Adrien.... maybe she should have just gone for patrolling instead of coming here .

Mr. Agreste suddenly got up from his place and walked towards the lecturn to make the special announcement for the party, and when it was done  Marinette had to go running to the washroom ....
How much more mascara am I going to waste.....

Tuduuuu...I mean tadaa... what do you think the last line means...do tell me. Also thanks a lot for your support , it means so much for me..

Also anyone wants to describe an outfit for Adrien that I will be writing in the next chapter....

Anyways As always Vote, comment and share!
Sending virtual hugs
《 Insha 》