Chapter 8: Unwanted Guests

I wake up to feel maxons bare chest against my back and turn in his arms. He stretches a bit and pulls me closer, giving me a soft kiss on the nose,

'Good morning my dear', I roll my eyes at him,

'Really?' I sigh and he grins at me,

'May be married now but you'll always be my dear' I just laugh and peck his lips, 'ooh so your coming round to being my dear', I slap him lightly on the chest, 'maybe not' he chuckles. I put my head on his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat,

'It beats for you', he smiles and I look up at him smiling. I lean up and kiss him, he kisses me back with so much force I'm taken back and he pulls me on top of him. The passion ends when we hear a knock on the door and I quickly snuggle down in the duvet, hiding myself.

'Come in', Maxon commands and I see Lucy's timid frame stand in the door way.

'Im so sorry to disturb you your highnesses', she curtsies and I roll my eyes, how many times have I told her to address us by our names.

'Don't worry about it', he smiles, his smile melts my heart.

'You are both needed to accompany breakfast, America needs to come to the Queens suite to get ready', she says shyly.

'Ah, how am I ever going to let go of my beautiful America', he laughs looking down at me, who's head is just poking out the top to hide my bare body.

'I'll meet you in there in a second lucy', I say, red creeping up on my face. She bows her head and shuts the door. Maxon bursts out laughing.

'What?', I ask slightly irritated.

'Your face', I'm slightly taken back for a moment as he doubles over with laughter, 'your so red'. I throw a pillow at him and quickly get up and grab his robe and wrap it round myself.

'Hey!' He exclaims, I just stick my tongue out at him and scurry to the Queens suite where I'm met by my maids quietly gossiping. I clear my throat and they turn to see me.

'Ah, Miss you joined us', she giggles and I just roll my eyes and smile, 'sleep well?' She asks and everyone looks at her and I just give her the evils.

'Yes actually, you?' She laughs and gives me a nod before walking into the wardrobe to get my dress for the day.

She helps me into the violet dress while the others fix my hair and makeup.

I walk into the dining hall and take my seat at the head of the table next to Maxon, who is now wearing his usual suit. I smile at him and he mirrors my expression before digging into breakfast.

******************************************

'So where are you going for the honey moon? May wiggles her eyebrows at me and I giggle before sipping my tea.

'I don't know, Maxon has organised it and hasn't told me a thing!' I exclaim.

'How romantic', May says in awe, I laugh at her, 'I hope I meet my Prince Charming one day, like you'

'Aw May you will, I promise you! Just not yet,
Your still my little sister for now' I smile and she walks over to hug me.

'I love you America', she looks up at me.

'I love you too May' I reply.

My mum speaks up, 'So how' and that's when the alarm goes off. The alarm I fear. The rebel alarm.

I shoot up, being the only one who lives here, for once it's my time to lead everyone. Guards run in and move the bookshelf to reveal the secret passage behind. I direct everyone in and follow them, a guard close behind. The alarm still shrills through my head and I cringe. We reach the steps and climb down them.

I do a mental check that everyone's here that should be and relax a bit.

'I'm scared', I hear Mays voice echo and I open my arms for her. She snuggles into them and buries her head in my chest. All that consumes my mind though is Maxon, where is he? Is he okay? My heart races at the thought of him not being safe. He's safe America. He has to be safe.

Two guards stand at the door, guns loaded watching over us. You cannot hear much from down here apart from the alarm which is still ringing. I let my eyes shut for a minute and fall into a sleep.

***************************************

'Darling', I feel my shoulder being shook, 'America, wake up' I open my eyes to be met with my mums face.

'What time is it', I stretch out.

'Almost midnight, the threats gone, the guards say we can leave'. At that I bolt up and pace out the door. Everyone else had left already apart from my mum and a guard who was waiting for me. My mum swiftly follows me and we finally make it back to the woman's room. I breathe in the air and walk out to the hallway where I'm met with maxons frantic pacing as he knocks in to me.

'Oh America!', he exhales as he realises it's me he walks into and pulls me in for a hug, burying his head in my hair, 'I was so worried, are you okay?' He asks.

'Yes Maxon, I'm okay. Are you?'

'I am now' he lifts his head from my shoulder and studies my face quickly, 'come on, it's late let's get to bed, we have a big day tomorrow'. He grabs my hand in his and leads me to his room. I fall asleep smiling because it's honeymoon time tomorrow, no rebels can ruin that....

A/N

2 updates in one day woop woop! Anyway, hope you enjoyed! I wonder where Maxon is taking America for their honeymoon?

DreamJenniderp