Chapter 5: The night before

Americas POV:

It's the night before my wedding and the girls are taking me out somewhere for my hen night! I have no clue what they're doing but all I said is no drinks because I'm getting married tomorrow and I do NOT want to be hung over.

We get in the car and mum begins driving. We don't have any guards with us because no one knows we're leaving the palace and we're in disguise until we get to the secret location.

Maxons POV:

The boys planned something for my stag do, they won't tell me anything they just keep telling me to keep my eyes shut. We're still in the palace I think, but I'm not sure I felt a breeze a minute ago but maybe that's because the door was open? I'm just excited to see what they have planned for my last night without a wife.

Americas POV:

"Okay get out but shut your eyes" May orders me and I obey, grasping her hand and letting her lead me. The air smells fresh and you can hear a faint rustling of the trees, the woods. We're in the woods. I smile and get let to a stop where they stop.

"Okay, open your eyes" Lucy squeals. I peel my eyes open and see a little picnic set up under a canopy with fairy lights gleaming all around us. I gasp.

"You guys!" I squeal and bring them all in for a hug, jumping up and down, "this is so thoughtful omg, what food do we have?" I sit on the blanket and they all sit around me. We eat and laugh and play games and just enjoy ourselves. Out in the wilderness where we are most free.

Maxons POV:

"Okay open your eyes" Aspen demands. I know what your thinking, Aspen? But since he fell for Lucy we've actually got on like brothers and I go to him for a lot. He's one of my best friends. I open my eyes and see a room decorated in neon lights and everything's lit up, even our clothes. Some of my favourite music is blaring and there's games in every corner.

"This is amazing, thank you guys!" I exclaim

"Oh you haven't seen the best part yet" Aspen smirks while leading me to a table full of face paint and blind folds.

We spend the night completely sober and laughing, painting each-other with blind folds on, dancing the night away and playing all different games. I couldn't have asked for a better night with better people.

But the thought is still at the back of my mind and the nerves come creeping in every now and again, tomorrow I will be married to the love of my life. Tomorrow, we will be one. Tomorrow a new chapter starts and I couldn't think of anyone better to start it with.