Nineteen: Sacrifice

NOTE: I JUST WANT TO GIVE A BIG SHOUTOUT TO THESE TWO AMAZING PEOPLE aayat_fatima and amyNsheldon15   ❤️ Thank you so much for the enthusiasm and love you are showering the story.

Thank you so much for the support you're all giving.

Love,
sweetpeasdiamonds 🍂

***

Poseidon took Meria to the sea where leads the way to Oceana. He soaked Meria with salt water and let his powers heal her with water. He stepped back when the waves flashing, taking Meria. No, he can't loose his daughter.

Light started coming out from Meria's body and she was lifted in the air by the water. After a flash of light, Meria's eyes opened.

Poseidon was glad to see his daughter alive in her mermaid form. He want near her and hugged her.

"Meria..." he hugged her. His voice hoarse

"Father..." she recovered easily and felt stronger. She hugged him back.

She double checked herself and remembered what happened. She was choking, and Joseph was asking her to keep her eyes open. That's the last thing she remember.

"How can I...?" she stopped and looked back at her father. That's when she realise what her father did. They look at each other. Her father look and sound tired but he's smiling. "You did not..." she shook her head trying to deny the idea in her mind

Poseidon smiled at his daughter, "Yes, I did. It was the only way I can bring you back."

Meria shooked her head, "No..." she denied. "No! Take it back!" she tried to fought her tears. Her father gave her his strength and power to bring her back to life. She know what it will cost him. They both know it will take his life. She doesn't want that. She doesn't want to live if it means she won't have a father and the Oceana will have no king. "No father, you don't have to do that. You need it more than me..." she said "Please..."

"Hush now child." Poseidon reached for her shoulders and give her a reassuring smile. "Do not worry about me. I will be fine."

"But Father..."

"I know I have not been the best father to you nor your sisters, but know that I always wanted what's best for all of you."

"I am sorry for coming here without permission." she said "I should have listened to you."

"Please, don't." Poseidon countered, "I'm always scared that if you stay in human land for long you wouldn't want to go back. I know it's selfish of me, but I love you. That's why I never allowed you when you ask for it. Then one day I woke up you're not there anymore. I was sad, I don't know what I did for you to break my rules."

He look at her and smiled, "But then I realised something. I did not raised a rule breaker, I raised a strong willed and brave lady that is willing to stand and protect everyone when no one else can."

"Father..." Meria's eyes started to water from her father's words

"I love you, my princess."

"I love you too father" he hugged him

When they broke the hug, Poseidon look at her and smiled, "Everyone in Oceana is putting their faith in you. I'm sorry for not putting mine a long time ago."