Seventeen- Japan

The moment the plane arrive at the airport, Meria was immediately took to the nearest hospital.

Joseph called Mellisa to tell her what happened and she immediately told him the address of the hospital.

The moment Meria was put on to the stretcher and was pulled into the emergency room, his energy was off. He don't know what to do. He stayed in the lobby of the hospital and waited for the doctor. A nurse approached him and asked if he can fill out the forms but he didn't even move after accepting it.

"Joseph!"

A woman's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. He saw Mellisa running towards his direction with Cora.

He didn't even have the energy to stand up so he remained on his seat. Not knowing what to do or what to think anymore, his mind went empty. Thinking about the worst is mortifying, it's breaking him.

The moment Mellisa's arms wrapped him in a warm embrace, his tears began falling.

"Everything will be alright. She's gonna be alright." she assured him

Mellisa knows Joseph cannot talk in that manner so she look at Cora. "Call him."

Cora nodded and walk away.

Despite the worry, Mellisa remain composed. It's her daughter on the risk and they don't even know why. She's a mother, but she also needs to be strong for everyone.

When Joseph composed himself again, he asked Mellisa to fill the form thr nurse require.

"Don't worry we don't have to fill it." she answered.

Joseph nodded. They don't need to because Mellisa know it's for the records and she don't want to leave Meria's record to the human land.

After an antagonizing hour of waiting, a woman in a white lab gown got out of the door. They immediately stood up, eagerly waiting for her words.

"Patient's parents?" she asked while taking off her mask.

"I'm her mother." Mellisa said walking closer to the doctor in front of her, only to realize how familiar she is.

The other person seems to think the same but couldn't tell.

Pushing the thought aside, she asked "What happened to my daughter?"

"She was poisoned." the female doctor stated

"What?!" Mellisa look at Joseph who also looked at her

"I cannot do that to her. I will kill myself before I cause her harm." he defended himself

Mellisa look back at the doctor in front of them. She believe in Joseph. She know he'll not harm Meria. She can see how he care for her daughter, and she's sure he will not do such thing.

"What poison?"

"Right now, we still can't identify the specific poison but we assure you that she'll be taken care of. One thing is for sure. It's from something she took in or something similar."

"Who would do that?"

Once Joseph heard the doctor's words, he immediately excused himself. He has a feeling that whoever tried yo kill Meria was in the plane with them.

There's not a lot of crew inside his private plane so he can look for the person easier.

Calling his best friend Chino, he asked him to secure the plane's CCTV footage for the past hours.

He thought of calling his pilot but he won't take the risk of calling one of the people inside the plane that time.

When he was finished with the call he returned to where Mellisa and the doctor is. The doctor was about to leave when she bumped into Cora.

"I'm so sorry..." Cora apologized as she balanced herself. When their eyes met they instantly stopped.

"That's f---Cora?" "Yula?" they said in unison with a shocked expression mirroring each other.

Cora's forehead creased in confusion before realizing the person in front of her was also once a mermaid. The sea siren, Yula.

That's when it hits Mellisa. The doctor was familiar because it's Yula. The other witch they're looking for.

Yula smiled and embraced Cora. "I'm not expecting to see you here."

"We're looking for you." Cora answered while returning the embrace.

Yula looked at Mellisa. She narrowed her eyes at her while smiling. "I knew you're familiar" she said

Mellisa chucked, "I was thinking the same thing."

"Wait, so that's your daughter?" Yula asked pertaining to the patient she just finished attending.

Mellisa nodded.

"That's why I feel that there's something different about her. But what is she doing here anyways?" she said before turning back to Cora. "You said your looking for me. Why?"

Once again, worry shows on Cora's expression. "The Oceana is in grave danger that's why she's here to save it. A sea witch poisoned the sea and we're helping her look for the cure." Cora explained "Do you know someone who could possibly do it?"

"I can't think anyone right now , but I am willing to help."

"Thank you." Mellisa said sincerely

"That's nothing. Oceana was once my home." Yula replied

***

"We're about to run out of time." Mellisa said looking at Cora

Cora nodded. They're in the nearest coffee shop from the hospital.

They only have two weeks to find the cure and they haven't completed the things they have to offer to the good witch.

They only need to find the last thing. The love of a far away.

Suddenly, Mellisa's phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out and answer the call from Joseph.

With a shaky voice, Joseph said "A man with a long beard is trying to break down the door of the room. Security is trying to stop him but---"

Joseph didn't finished his words when the call was cut. "Hello? Joseph? Are you still there? Answer me! Joseph?!" her voice was higher than normal and people started staring at her.

"What happened?" Cora asked with worry

Mellisa put down the phone and think about the man Joseph was talking about.

"I think he's here."

***
Note:

It's been weeks since I've updated this story. Last week has become a rest kind of week after a week of exams. Thank you so much for the support from everyone that is reading, voting and leaving such nice comments to this story. God bless you all. Love you xoxo

Love,

SweetpeasDiamonds 🍂

Question: Who do you think is the man Joseph was talking about?