Fourteen: Museum commotion

NOTE:

FREAKIN #67 IN HISTORICAL FICTION!!! YOU ARE ALL TOTALLY AWESOME! I WANT TO GIVE EVERYONE A HUG BUT I KNOW THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN, INSTEAD I'M JUST GONNA PRAY FOR YOU. DID I MENTION THAT MY READERS ARE AWESOME? YOU REALLY ARE!

I honestly not gonna upload a chapter today but we reached the #67 in Historical Fiction from #122 last week. And you guys deserve this for the full support!

This chapter is specially dedicated to the first two lovely people who left a lovely comment on the previous chapter,  samaaehab12 and sunhine28 . Check out their profile for wonderful works or reading lists. Thank you sweatpeas! xoxo

Also, if you have any question regarding the story, feel free to leave a comment or a message.

P.S. No question at the end of the chapter.

Enjoy! 💓

-SweetpeasDiamond 🍂

***

"I was just about to say your name, Sef. Devils appear after they're mentioned and not before." Daniel said to Joseph with a smirk.

"Speak for yourself, Dan." he answered walking towards them with Kyla in his arms. "Hi, Lids." he kissed Lides on the cheek in greeting.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here." Lides didn't even show her surprise after assuming things in her head. "The media wasn't able to supply us the honeymoon details."

Joseph look at Meria. His eyes shows sadness. She held his gaze not wanting to back down. No she won't. She will not give the people the satisfaction of seeing her being hurt.

He might know she's a mermaid but he cannot use it against her. She will not let him.

After what happened, Meria realized it's not a priority. Her emotions are not the point. She's not in the position to feel the anger she once felt, so she manage to let it go in a way for the better.

She find him too good to be true and he was. The least she want right now is a traitor. Even if she feel the volts of electricity tickling her body everytime he'll look at her, she won't allow herself to submit herself to what she knows a destruction.

Even if that means keeping her emotions for the human who made her feel oddly different yet special.

"This wasn't planned." Joseph tore his gaze from Meria and looked at Lides.

"I understand." she answered with a hand flip. "Of course. We don't want to ruin the special moments, don't we?" she smiled knowingly at Joseph

Maybe that's why Daniel is familiar for Meria. He almost has the same features as Joseph. Just older and more masculine.

That's when Meria realized that the people she's with, know each other.

Before she could ask another question, a what it seems to be a gunshot took thier attentions. It was followed by a loud crash and screams.

They look at each other as if one of them know what's happening, but no one said a word. When another set of screams was heard, Joseph immediately passed Kyla to Lides before running to the direction of the noise by instinct after Meria.

Lides was pulled back by her husband when she was about to go after Meria and Joseph. "Please, stay here while I check out what's happening. OK?" his eyes pleading

Lides looked at the little girl in her arms that is scared by the screams and noise. She nooded to her husband before he dashed after Meria and Joseph.

Her heartbeat starting triple it's normal pace. She's worried. She closed her eyes and started praying for safety.

Nothing bad will happen. She thought positively as she held her daughter closer to her.

***

Susan smirked as she walked the hallway of the museum. Meria and Joseph is out of sight which is good.

She look like a normal teenager that's why when she entered the room where the steel of courage is placed, no suspicions where directed to her.

A steel sword is in the middle of the room, placed inside a glass box. That's what she's taking.

Her pace is normal. She's taking her time admiring the sword her mother once owned. It's blade shines where you can see your reflection as if it had never been tarnished by blood. A dragon was carved on it's handle, and a red tassel hang from the end of it that signifies the position of the one using the sword.

It is beautiful.

Looking around the room, she pulled her pen. A pen that looks like a normal one but has a greater purpose. It can cut through glass, even the thickest one.

There are guards inside the room, posted in their place, looking around, and changing position once in a while.

She started drawing a cirle on the glass where she can easily pull the sword off. She didn't care about the CCTV camera because she can change her appearance if she wants to.

She was able to knock the peice of glass by the pen, but the moment her hand touched the sword, alarms blared.

Great! She thought sarcastically.

Red lights flashed inside the room. The guards' eyes trailed to her direction dreadfully, pulling their guns on their waist and pointing it at her.

"Put your both hands up!" one of the guards said.

The sword is halfway out the glass and there's no way she's letting go. That sword is her mom's. She always wanted to take it. It's the only thing left by her mom as a warrior.

But contrast to what the guards tell her to do, she forcely pulled the sword that swayed out of her control.

One of the guard decided to shoot her but the bullet shot through the glass, shattering it. People started screaming in fear.

She don't know if she's lucky or the guard just have a bad aim. Nevertheless, she choose the latter one to mock him.

"Shame." she smirked, "You should work harder on your aim next time, big guy."

Before the man could shoot her again, she thew the pen towards the guard. It went through his heart area making him fall instantly. She took the other guard's shock as opportunity to attack with the sword in hand. She lashed it to his throat splitting his head from his body. Blood spilled that made people scream in horror. Two bodies lay on the floor, lifeless.

People started running and screaming, but she didn't mind.

She walk to the head of the guard and step on it before walking to it's detached half. She lowered herself to use the man's uniform to wife the blood off the sword. After cleaning it, she look back at the head on the floor. It's face looks distressed with the eyes wide open and jaw hanging.

"Too bad there will be no next time." she said with fake pity