Sixteen: Forgiveness

Note:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, sweetpeas! May your day be full of love. Let's not forget the people who we love and those who loves us.

Most importantly, I dedicate this to my one great love, Jesus Christ my king. (John 3:16)

P.s. This is a short chapter for reaching the #36 spot today in Historical fiction. Yehey!🎉

💗
Love,
SweetpeasDiamonds 🍂

***

"Meria!" Joseph shouted in panick seeing Meria's almost lifeless form on the floor

Joseph immediately lifted her up and carried her to the bathroom where he put her inside the tub and filled it with water.

"Meria, can you hear me?" he asked while holding her hands. "Please, answer. Keep your eyes open."

Joseph started shaking in panick. He don't know what to do. The last time he put him in the tub is because of her tail, but right now she's in full human form.

Meria started coughing. Spitting blood in the process.

"What's happening? Please, tell me." Joseph begged.

His heart started beating triple. He can't seem to think straight. His emotions are all over the place. He doesn't know what to do so he held her close, scared to what could possibly happen.

He don't want to think of the worst.

Blood seems to escape Meria. Her body is limp. She's barely breathing.

He's scared. He's fucking scared to loose her.

His eyes started burning as he see that nothing is happening even if he dipped her to water. He held her close to him, afraid that he might loose her. Placing her in his lap and encircling his arms around her.

He didn't knew he was crying, because for the first time what he felt is beyond scare. Even more than anxiety. So much more than fear.

With her cold hand, Meria reached out to Joseph. She held his face.

"I'll be okay." Meria said in a hoarse voice and wiping his tears that he didn't know was there. Her eyes mirroring exhaustion.

"Please." he begged. "Please, be okay." he can't control himself anymore. His tears stream down his face uncontrollably.

Everything seems to flash before his eyes.

When he pulled a naked woman from the sea. The moment he saw her, something within him sparked. He didn't know it. Is it the silver hair or the ocean colored eyes. Is it her voice or the way she speak? He don't know, but for him there's one thing he did right, and that's keeping her.

Those times where she is amazed by simple things like cars. The way her eyes lit whenever she's excited and happy. The way her laugh fills out the room. The way his smile can brighten someone's mood.

The moment they kissed is like burning him, like fireworks exploding from within.

When they we're mobbed by paparazzi. When they we're involved in an engagement issue. Flying across the world.
Everything flased before his eyes including the wrong thing he did that made her feel betrayed.

It feels like they've met before. It seems like they know each other for a long time.

Joseph look at her, "I'm sorry if I was an asshole. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that." his voice full or regret.

"I wad wrong to submit to temptation. I was foolish not to refuse."

Meria knew that he's under the influence of alcohol that time, yet she can't push the pain when it nested in her chest. She tried to avoid him but it wasn't easy. The more she did, the more she wanted to talk to him.

That's when she realized that she care for Joseph. She felt betrayed because of the broken trust. She was hurt because of the expectations. She's pained because she cared more than she has to.

The thing is she regret none of it. She cared because of how Joseph showed her the same. She wants to care for him.

Meria look him in the eyes and smiled. The smile that got his heart beating again.

"I was betrayed, but I don't want to suffer the feeling of hate. What you did was wrong, but hearing you admit it is courage." she said in a low voice. "I also sinned and I am forgiven. So who am I to not forgive you, when you ask for it?"

Joseph held her hand on his cheek and closed his eyes. He but his lip to control himself, wondering what he did to deserve her words.

"We have a faithful and just creator that forgive if we confess our sins."