"Worse than Darth Vader"

Annette P.O.V.

          “Holy shit, how’d you get that?” The minute I hear those words my mind instinctively races through my file of excuses to find a proper one.

          “Bar fight. I won.” I smirk at Aiden while trying to cover up the giant welt on my shoulder, courtesy of a cigar. Aiden snorts slightly before scooting his desk as close to mine as possible.

          “Yeah right,” I freeze slightly in fear of him pressing the matter, but am lucky that Aiden has a short attention span, “So, you want to get out of here and have a quickie in my car?” I shoot Aiden a disgruntled look and feel my stomach churn at his words. I accidentally hooked up with this buffoon while I was totally smashed at a party last month, and he’s been trying to get into my pants again ever since.

          “How romantic… I’ll have to decline on account of you making me sick.” Aiden looks around the dingy classroom full of students playing cards, making out, and basically doing anything but actual work. Not that Mr. Samson would mind since he is absorbed in a riveting crossword puzzle.

          I feel a strong hand on the inside of my thigh and Aiden’s hot breath on the back of my neck and I have to will myself not to strangle him to death.

          “That’s not what you were saying the other night.” He whispers into my ear, while continuing to slide his hand farther up my thigh.

          “Fuck off, Aiden.” I attempt to shove him away from me, but his well-built body only moves an inch. Aiden’s hand starts to climb up the inside of my shirt as I painstakingly try to get him off of me. His grip is firm and I struggle against it to no avail. As soon as I feel his grubby fingers graze my boob a surge of adrenaline courses through my body. I place my hands on his chest and shove him with all the strength in my body.

          “Get the fuck off of me, you perv!” I scream, as Aiden is pushed from his chair and lands on the ground with a loud thump. The back of his head hits the desk behind him and a loud crack resonates throughout the classroom.

          “Annette! Principal’s office. Now.” Mr. Samson demands, while rushing to Aiden’s aid.

          And sure enough, I am in the principal’s office pleading my case while my uncle tries to charm the pants off of Mrs. O’Malley.

          “I understand that a student got hurt, Amanda. May I call you Amanda? But, Annette here was only trying to protect herself. I’m sure a strong woman like yourself would have done the same.” Rob lays it on thick, his voice sweet like honey, while flashing the aging principal his brightest grin.

          “The guy was straight-up molesting me in the middle of the classroom! It wasn’t my fault he got a concussion! You know what they say; the bigger the guy, the bigger the fall.” I defend and Uncle Rob shoots me a warning glare that sends shivers down my spine.

          “You have to excuse, Annette. She was recently in a terrible accident and lost her dear brother because of it. She isn’t in her right mind you see? I’m sure there is some way I can make it up to you?” I tense at the mention of the accident and the fact that my uncle is using that as a means to get me out of trouble.

          But, Mrs. O’Malley seems to buy it. With a wink at my uncle and her number stuffed in his pocket, she lets me go with just two weeks detention. Which I find utter bullshit, but doesn’t surprise me that the education system in Queens only cares about medical bills and law suits. But, molestation? I was probably asking for it.