"The sex appeal of a grandma in a two-piece"

A/N: alrighty. Here we are with another update and a flashback. I am sorry for them, but it's hard when a lot of things happening in the present have to do with the past, so bear with me.

VOTE FAN COMMENT! Am I talking to a brick wall over here? I need feedback people

P.S. they're 13 in the flashback

*flashback* 

Annette's P.O.V

My palms are slick with sweat and my nerves are frayed as I stare at the house looming before us. Music blares from inside and I am panicking. My first real party. Ava, noticing my near panic attack, squeezes my hand.

"Come on, you'll be fine! Adam's waiting!" She encourages, knowing that just mentioning Adam's name would get me moving. I know once I saw him I will calm down. He always has that effect on me. So, Ava and I make our way inside and push pass the awkward adolescent teens trying to dance. We stumble towards the kitchen and my eyes scan the crowd looking for a familiar face. Well, really his face.

My blue eyes connect with chocolate ones and Adam immediately stops talking to Brock and strides over to me. I can't help but let my eyes wander over his body. He is still smack dab in the middle of puberty, but it works for him. He has a little bit of toned muscle, but still looks gangly compared to how he would look in a couple of years. His hair grew out and his dimples are on full display as he grins down at me. I blush at the fact that I was checking my best friend out. We are friends. That's all. Totally platonic.

Recently though, things haven't been completely innocent. Since I got boobs and Adam lost his baby fat things... Felt different. The other day we went swimming, like usual, but it was awkward. Seeing Adam shirtless and wet actually made me nervous and made my skin heat up. I also caught Adam sneaking a peek at my chest on multiple occasions.

There's all this tension all of a sudden and it's making me feel weird.

"Netty, you came!" He exclaims, calling me the nickname only he uses. Adam pulls me in for a hug that makes my skin tingle, but quickly  lets go and scratches the back of his neck. Yeah, awkward.

"We were about to play a game of truth or dare, you in?" He asks, breaking the silence. I hesitantly look at him. He knows I hate those stupid games. Before I can even come up with an excuse, he cuts me off.

"I know what you're about to say, but please! Just one round! That's all, I promise!" He pouts, his hands together as he crouches down to my level. My cheeks flame at how adorable he looks and the fact that I actually think that.

Ava, noticing the awkwardness and clears her throat, "Right, well. Annette will play, enough ignoring me. I'm not a third wheel." She mumbles, dragging me along to the living room as my cheeks flame even more at her statement. Adam trails behind us as we approach a circle with kids already spinning the empty coke bottle. Ava plopps down next to me and Adam finds the only available spot across from us.

Five minutes into this idiotic game and Rachel had jumped in the pool fully clothed, Brock streaked, and we found out that Michelle lost her virginity at fourteen. Soon, it was Ava's turn to spin and because I have as much luck as the Cowboys, the neck of the bottle pointed at me. Ava's blue eyes dance with excitement.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare." I roll my eyes, what's the worst I could do? Chug a can of soda? Woooooaah!

"I dare you... To kiss Brock." She squeals, clapping her hands together as the crowd ooh'd. I gape at her. Traitor! I haven't even kissed anyone yet and she expects me to give it up to Brock for a game?! I glare at her as Brock scooches over to me and starts to lean in. The crowd of teens start yelling, "kiss, kiss. kiss!" I gulp audibly and suck up any resolve I had as our inexperienced lips near each other. Brock is about to close the distance when I hear Adam shout and jump up from the floor.