"The night everything changed" Part 1

A/N: You guys are going to hate me, but I promise once Adam's POV is up itll get better....Maybe? Please comment and tell me what you thought of this chapter, because it was really hard to write.

Deep breaths.

Go.

2 years ago

Tonight is the night. Tonight is the night I am going to finally confront Adam. Give him an ultimatum; either you start treating me like your girlfriend/best friend again or... we're done. And I'm honestly terrified of his answer.

I don't know how it got to this point. Adam used to dote on me and protect me. He was one of those guys that brought you chocolate when you were sick, stood up for you when someone said something mean. We did everything together and Adam looked at me as if I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. He and I almost never fought and when we did it was over trivial things that we made up for right after. We used to have the perfect relationship.

Then high school came around and things changed. Adam was recruited for soccer and suddenly he wasn't dorky, shy Adam anymore. The girls started to notice him and the guys all befriended him and soon I was pushed out and left in the dark. I got friends of my own, albeit not very good ones. Ava was also distancing herself from me, for reasons she still wouldn't tell me. I was smoking and drinking to rid the abandoned feelings that I had grown. Soon, Adam became embarrassed of me and my druggie status. His friends were begging him to break up with me, but freshman year we stayed together. Probably due to guilt, no doubt.

I began to cling to him because I knew he was distancing himself from me, I just don't want him to leave me. It backfired though; the more I clung to him, the farther away he seemed to get. He wasn't sticking up for me or bringing me chocolates anymoew. He didn't look at me like I was beautiful any longer and we fought constantly; they were practically just sreaming-matches. He still tried to chat with me or buy me lunch, but things weren't easy anymore. I could see that he was trying to make it work, but after homecoming... It's like we were strangers.

So, tonight is the night that I confronted him and told him how much he's hurting me. I don't think that tonight is the best night to confront him, considering he's at a party, but after the pep talk my brother gave me, I need to do it while I'm still riled up. If not, I would melt at just the sight of Adam and I need to be strong.

Charlie knows about all of Adam's and I's problems. Now that Adam and Ava had faltered in the role, Charlie had become my best friend and I told him everything about Adam and me. Well, not everything, he is still my brother. Charlie basically wants to choke Adam now, due to everything he has done, but he knows how much I still love him. Charlie had told me that if I just showed Adam what a tool he's being and how deep he's hurting me, then Adam would snap out of it and come crawling back to me.

That's the part I'm not too sure about. he is so unpredictable now.

But, here I am, at Brock William's house of all people. Drunken teens spill out of the overly extravagant house, where deafening rap vibrates the entire framework. I have to literally hold in the bile rising in my throat at the stench of alcohol as I enter the house. Cups are strewn across the floor, along with chips, and other things I don't dare go near. Girls fill the living room, all grinding on the hormonal guys behind them. Groups huddle in corners hooking-up and most were in the kitchen, drinking.

Classy.

My eyes quickly scan the hordes of people, looking for those deep brown eyes I know so well. Even through all these people I would be able to find him, I had always been able to pick him out in a crowd. Once I discover his absence in the living room, I search the rest of the house to no avail. Just short of checking under cushions, I search everywhere. But, I know he's here. It's his best friend's party.