Chapter 16

I hopped on my bicycle and let my conscience take over. I pedaled to a field with tall grass and hooked my bike up. I walked into the field and found exactly what I was looking for.

There was a small stream running across the field. By the stream was a land curved in, kind of like a dugout. The top of the dugout gave you a nice view of the whole stream.

I picked up a shiny green pebble and tossed it into the water. Five skips. I smiled and sat down on top of the dugout. The best part about this field was, no one lives around here for a twenty mile radius, so no one can hear you except for the prairie animals.

"ARRRGGGHHH!" I yelled, scaring away a flock of geese. I started sobbing quietly into my hand. "Stupid Beatrice. So stupid. You thought he actually loved you," I scolded myself. "You fell right into it."

I let out another scream and heard something collapse behind me. I turned around to see someone had fallen onto the ground next to a big rock. I immediately recognized the hair and sniffled. "You don't have to hide anymore Ross." I said.

Ross lifted his face from the pile of mud he fell in. "What? I'm not-" he cleared his throat. "Who's Ross? I'm just a pirarie hill billy," he said in a deeper voice.

I swung my feet back onto the dugout and chuckled. "No one lives here mister hill billy."

Ross wiped some of the mud off of his face with his hand. "Okay fine. I followed you."

"On your motorcycle?" I asked. "I think I would've heard that."

Ross didn't reply. "I guess you're shaking your head but I can't see you because I'm not facing you," I said, knowing he was shaking his head behind me.

"Skateboard," Ross said. I nodded.

Ross pushed himself up onto the dugout. "My grandpa used to take me here to fish," I explained.

Ross sneered. "Granddaddy's girl."

I looked at my lap. "Before he died two years ago."

Ross immediately stopped smirking. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize-"

"No it's okay," I cut him off. "He loved it here because no one can hear you. It's so quiet and peaceful."

Ross pushed back his hair. "I'm always saying the wrong things at the wrong times."

I turned to look at his gorgeous face. "I need some time to think," I told him.

"But-"

"Please."

Ross looked at me with glistening eyes. "Okay." He hopped off of the dugout and walked out of the plain, screaming on his way out. "ARRRGGGHHH!"

I smiled a sad smile. "I just don't know what to do grandpa. I love him but...I just can't forgive him..." I started sobbing into my hands again. "Please help me."

At that moment, it started raining.