Chapter 2

The next day I woke up to see Rydel in my room, fumbling through my stuff. "Excuse me! My things are private!"

Rydel turned around. "Sorry but I need glitter! I ran out today! AARRGGGHHH!"

"Glitter...for what?"

"Makeup, uh duh?"

I sighed. "I don't have any sort of makeup."

Rydel gave me a once-over. "No kidding," she said, stomping out of my room.

I dragged my feet out of bed. I opened the bathroom door and screamed. Ross was sitting on the toilet, reading a comic. The bathroom stank! Ross rolled his eyes. "Ever heard of knocking nerdy? Do you mind?"

I slammed the door and carried my toiletries to the downstairs bathroom. I was greeted by mother as I came out. "Now Beatrice, it's the last week of school. It's very tough for the Lynches okay? Show them around, be a friend." I mentally rolled my eyes. Yeah, right. Their friend. "Okay mother."

As soon as we got off the bus, the Lynches piled out before me to explore. After about two minutes, Rocky, Riker, Ross, and Ryland were high-fiving a group of bullies. Rydel was already giggling with five girls. I sighed. There was no need for me to show them around, five minutes into the school day and they already rule the school. I walked toward the school entrance.

"Hey nerdy! Wait up!" The group of boys and the Lynch boys were walking after me. I picked up my pace. One of the bigger boys grabbed me by the collar and flung me toward the ground. My face hit the concrete with maximum impact. The group of boys were now laughing. Ross grabbed me by the hair and turned me around to face him. He inched in closer until our faces was a mere centimeter away. You know, I never noticed those hazel eyes and that crinkle by his eyes. "One word about this to your mom and-" Ross made an imaginary knife strike on his throat.

I nodded and ran toward the bathroom. I soaked a towel under the water and began to clean my scrapes. I was cut pretty bad. There was a cut on my eyelid, a scrape running along my cheek, my nose was bleeding, and my chin was dripping blood. I even had a black eye. The bell rang and I headed for class. Turns out I have homeroom with all the Lynches. Rydel took a seat beside me. She gasped. "Omigosh! What happened to your face?"

I watched Ross at the back of the class from the corner of my eye. He made the imaginary knife again.

"I uhh...tripped and fell. It's um nothing major."

Rydel nodded and popped her gum.

The rest of school was torture as always.

After school I found Ross leaning on my locker, talking to a blonde girl. "Can you move please?" I asked. Ross scowled. "And if I don't?"

I have had enough of this. I flashed Ross a smile and put my hand on the blonde girl's shoulder. "Honey, walk away from him! He's just going to use you for one night and leave you when it becomes serious, if you know what I mean." The blonde scoffed and walked away.

Ross literally had flames in his eyes! "Thanks a lot! I really needed a one night stand!"

"Which was exactly what I told her," I said, putting in my combination.

"Well, maybe I'll still have my one night stand," Ross said. I slammed my locker. "What are you suggesting?"

"You know you are curious and I'm pretty sure that-" I stopped Ross mid-sentence. "See you at home! Unless you get hit by a bus! Which I will be praying for!" I said.

Ugghh...that boy disgusts me. But he does have magnificent hair and th-ugh what am I thinking?

During dinner mother gasped, noticing my scars for the first time. "Beatrice! What happened?"

I was so eager to tell I almost forgot. "Ross-"

Mother looked toward Ross's direction. "Um no no I was saying uh that R-Ross saw me you know, um trip and he uh took me to...the nurse?" I was a bad liar.

Mother seemed to believe it though. "Oh poor dear. Thank you Ross."

Ross flashed me a half scowl half smile from across the table. You know that pointy tooth at the side of his mouth is-what the heck am I...?

I grumbled and stuffed a spoonful of mashed potatoes into my mouth.