Chapter 17

An hour later, I slump into my house. As soon as I step into the living room, mother starts pity-talking me.

I wave her off. "I'm fine."

I drag myself up to my room. Ross was sitting on his side of the room. "Hey," he greets.

"Hi," I scowl back and grabbed a tank top, a white poncho, and sweatpants. Walking into the bathroom to shower, I slam the door extra loud.

I piled up my hair on top of my head and walk out of the bathroom. Just as I open the door I am greeted by Ross.

"Why are you mad?" Ross ask.

"I'm not mad. You are," I say calmly.

"I'm not mad," Ross says.

"Exactly."

Ross raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

I whipped my head around. "I LET MYSELF THINK THAT YOU WERE ACTUALLY IN LOVE WITH ME! I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK YOU ACTUALLY LOVED ME AND YOU WEREN'T USING ME! BUT NOW I SEE I WAS A TOTAL PSYCHO FOR LETTING MYSELF THINK THAT."

I sniffled and coughed. I started to talk but my voice came out in a hoarse croak.

"Just go away," I whisper.

Ross stands there, debating with himself. "I think you have a cold," he tells me.

"Yeah and you're making the headache worse. Go. Away," I whisper. Ross finally walks out the door and I collapse on my bed.

A few hours later I open my eyes to see Ross. I immediately sit up and scowl. "What-wha-" I try to say, forgetting I had lost my voice.

Ross put a hand on my head. "You're still hot," he tells me, getting a towel and wringing the water from it, putting it on my forehead.

He takes out a bowl behind him. It's chicken soup. He takes out a spoon and gently puts a finger on my lips. "Open up," he says.

I bite my lip deciding what to do. Finally, I give in and open my mouth. Ross spoons some soup.

After I swallow the soup, I burst out into tears.

"What's wrong?" Ross asks me.

I sniffle and whisper, "Well it's just you're so nice to me and i love you but I don't know what to do and-" Ross wipes a tear.

"I'm so confused," I say, burying my head in his chest. Ross pulls me into a warm hug.

I wish to stay there forever.