Chapter 8

I looked around like a deer in the headlights. I pushed Ross away. "Um...mother! I-I-I can explain!"

Mother shook her head. "I cannot believe you. I thought you were a good kid!"

"But I-"

"SILENCE!" mother yelled. Shes had never yelled at me before. I immediately shut my mouth.

"And Ross, my husband brought you in, and this is how you repay him? By impregnating my daughter?"

Impregnating? She thought that... I shuddered. "Mom we didn't do nothing..." I coughed. "If you know what I mean."

Ross put a hand over my mouth. "Mrs. Parker, it's my fault. I forced Beatrice into kissing me. She tried to push me away, that's why her hand was on my chest."

I struggled to say something, but Ross had my mouth covered.

Mother sighed. "Alright. Beatrice, I will not tell your father about this, but I will be telling Mark and Stormie to decide a punishment for Ross. But Beatrice, you are grounded again. You will stay inside your room for the whole summer studying. You will not come out for anything except for eating, or using the restroom."

I took Ross's hand off of my mouth. "Yes mother."

Mother gestured for Ross to follow her. Ross gave me a sad look when mother wasn't looking. Then, the door was slammed and I was left all alone in my room.

That night, the two families ate dinner at different times. After cleaning the table, I slumped up to my room.

"Beatrice!" mother called as I was walking up the stairs. I turned around. "Stormie and I will be out the entire morning and most of the afternoon tomorrow. Oh and the Lynch kids will be at the park tomorrow," she said. I nodded. Not that it makes much of a difference.

The next day I woke up and sat down on the toilet, my eyes still closed. The bathroom door opened.

"Ahh!" I screamed. It was Ross. I sighed. "You've probably never heard of knocking either."

Ross grinned and looked down at the pool of shorts and underwear at my feet. "Hello Kitty underwear?"

I sighed. "Not a morning person. And yes, I'm a geek. Thought you already knew that. Now go away."

Ross snickered. "Sure miss Sally Sunshine." He walked away and closed the door.

Father and I ate breakfast in peace. "You know I don't understand why your mother suggested we eat at separate times." He still had no idea about the kiss.

I played with the oatmeal. "Beats me."

"Hey!" Mark called from the living room. "Hurry! The football game is starting!"

I finished my juice. "Football game? In the morning?"

Father shrugged and left to watch the game.

I closed the door when I got to my room. There was a knock on my door. "Come in!"

Ross came in. "Hey."

"Wait...aren't you supposed to be at the park?"

Ross shrugged. "I told them I was sick."

I smiled. "Why?"

"So I could do this." Ross sat down on my bed and kissed me.

I pushed him away. "But you're sick," I teased.

Ross shrugged. "Okay then. Bye."

I waved and got out a book. Ross left and closed the door. A few seconds later he opened the door again. "Come on Bea!"

I laughed. I knew he was weak. He pulled me into another kiss. My hands traveled up his shirt. I traced his firm skin with my finger. He explored my mouth with his tongue.

Suddenly, he gave my bottom a firm squeeze.

"Hey!" I cried. "Watch where you're touching!"

He grinned. "Got a problem?"

I sighed and pushed him out of the door. "Enough for one day."

Ross opened his mouth to protest but I already closed the door. I slumped onto my bed. Now I'll be happy for the rest of the day.