Chapter 1

I'm a typical nerd - black hair, braces, skinny figure, glasses, and clothes that are always not in style. I have no friends. Zero. Nada. Not even a pet hamster I can talk to. My parents are rich. We live in this huge mansion on top of a little hill. 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, a dining room, and an indoor jacuzzi and pool.

One day I was sitting on my bed, reading this amazing poem written by Emily Dickinson I found.

I'm Nobody! Who are you?

Are you - Nobody - too?

Then there's a pair of us!

I was interrupted by a knock on my door. "Come in!"

My mother came in. "Hello Beatrice. I have some news for you."

I put down the poem I was reading. "Yes mother?"

"Your father owed a favor to his friend back when they were in college, and now his friend just lost his house - bless his soul," my mother said, crossing her heart a few times. "Anyways, they have nowhere to stay and they have 5 kids! Your father was kind enough to let them stay here! They might be staying here quite a while."

I gasped. "Five kids!"

My mother nodded. "Yes dear, I'm afraid so. You have no need to give up your room, there are plenty of empty rooms they can use. Try to get along, okay?"

I sighed and nodded. This was not going to be easy. "Yes mother. I will do my best, for you and father."

That afternoon my father answered the door to greet two adults and five kids. "Hello Mark," father said. "This must be the Stormie I heard about."

Mark nodded. "Yeah. Oh and here's my kids." He pointed to the tallest blonde teenager. "That's Riker." He gestured to a blonde girl. "That's Rydel." He pointed to three other teenagers. "The tall brown haired one is Rocky, the other blonde kid is Ross, and the smallest is Ryland."

"Hello," everyone muttered. God curse them! Don't they know their manners?

Father seems to take no notice. He put a hand on my shoulder. "Everyone, this is Beatrice, my only child. Beatrice, please show Riker, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, and Ryland around."

I gestured for everyone to follow me. I noticed the one named Ross had a weird device in his hand. It was a rectangle with an apple shaped object at the bottom. "Pardon me, what is that?"

Ross scowled. "First of all, who still says pardon me? Second of all, it's called an iPod. You press a button and music comes out! Oooh cool!" Ross said sarcastically, getting a mean laugh from everyone else.

Living with these people is going to be a never ending nightmare.