Chapter 9

That night I climbed into bed wearing a long dress. I was playing back the day in my head when I heard a plip.

Plip. Plip. Plip. It sounded like it came from outside. Plip.

I kicked the covers off and walked over to the window. Below was Ross hitting my window with tiny pebbles. I smiled to myself and opened the window.

Plip. Ross must've not noticed me there because he was still throwing pebbles. But since the window was opened, they hit my face one by one. "Ow. Ow. Ow!"

Ross finally noticed me standing there. "Sorry!" he whispered. He pointed to the ground. "Come down!" he whispered.

I sighed and looked around for footing. I saw a small crumbly ledge. "Just a minute!" I whispered back. I climbed out of the open window and stepped onto the ledge. I saw another ledge below me. All I had to do was put my foot on there and use my hand to hold on to the top ledge and-

The crumbly ledge broke under my weight. I was free falling down. I was about to hit the ground when-

"I gotcha," Ross said, carrying me princess-style. I climbed down and whispered "Why are we here?"

Ross placed my hand in his. "Getaway." He pulled me towards a motorcycle.

"You have a motorcycle?" I asked. Ross nodded. "Guilty as charged."

Ross handed me a helmet. "Put this on," he instructed me. He plopped me up onto the back and got onto the front. Revving up the engines, he said "Hold on tight."

Suddenly we were speeding down a quiet road. I was really scared - it was the first time I've been on a motorcycle. I squeezed Ross's waist tightly, not wanting to fall.

Ross suddenly laughed. "Stop Bea you're tickling me. HeeheeheehahaHAHAHA!" Ross lost his grip on the motorcycle and we tumbled down onto the sidewalk, both of us laughing.

I noticed I fell right on top of Ross. He cupped my face and pulled it to his.

"Nerdy," he kissed me.

"Blondie," I breathed into his mouth.

Then we were off again, speeding on a motorcycle to a 'secret' place. Ross wanted to surprise me.