Mystery 13

Here it is, the next chapter hope you like it.
Enjoy

Kara's POV

I stand on the peak of the bridge the place I came out to the world as Supergirl. Using my powers for the first time in a long time to save her. Alex...

Traffic Flys below me creating light shows from up above as if they were zooming lights coloring the night air. I gently hover over the peak piercing through the clouds. I begin to fly higher and higher, on instink my eyes close as I breathe in and out. The air is getting denser my head starts to feel lighter my breath becomes deeper chills run up my spine before air starts rushing past me as I was falling straight down. Slicing through the air like a blade through the water. And I couldn't stop myself from falling I was just... there... falling. As if my brain had given up.

When suddenly the rushing air stops and I feel strong arms wrap around me.

J'onn had caught me mid fall. As soon as I realize, I push him away.
"I don't need your help J'onn." I Say out of nowhere with frustration. "please leave me alone."

"I'm not going too Kara you can't be left alone. Not in the state that you are right now, you need support through this." J'onn says with concern.

"How would you know?! It's not like you lost someone close to you!!" I yell at him instantly regretting what I just said.

I look up at J'onn his eyes were glassy as tears were forming in his eyes, you could see that he was hurt by what I've said but he doesn't say anything.

"Oh, J'onn I'm so sorry... I-I wasn't thinking what I was saying, I shouldn't have said that." I say trying not to cry from all the emotions threatening to break me.

"No it's okay, I know how you feel you had to let it out. When I lost my wife and daughters I thought I'd never feel whole again, but I was wrong... You and your sister made me whole again you gave me a family, people that I can love and that love me." He says placing his hand on my shoulder. "Though I know the pain will never go away I also know that it will get better you just have to hold on." He says pulling me into a hug. I just start crying the tears streaming down my face as I lean into his strong arms as he gently lands us on the bridge.

"I think I should get you back to your apartment." He says concerned as he slowly starts flying again.

It's not long till we arrive at my apartment he lays me on the couch to rest before flying off again. But then I hear someone a knock on the door?

Who could that be at this hour I wonder standing up to get the door. It was Oliver. Why does he keep appearing everywhere? I ask myself actually happy that does keep appearing.

"Hey I wanted to check up on you, to make sure everything was okay," he said concerned. It takes me a while to gather my thoughts, so I unconsciously invite him in without saying a word. "You know you can tell me anything right Kara? I'm here for you and I always will be I'm not going anywhere I promise," he says his words reminding me of the time that I promised that to Lena.

Just that statement starts to bring tears to my eyes as I leap out to hug him also partly to hide my tears.

"It's OK Kara I'm here for you," he says trying to comfort me as his arms wrap around me.

"Why don't we try to get your mind off it." He says determined to help.

"What .. What do you have in mind?" I ask still sobbing here and there. He stands up off the couch and reaches for the tv remote as he starts up Netflix and selects the movie The Lucky One before disappearing into the kitchen. He soon emerges with two large cups of hot chocolate and a fluffy blanket he palaces the hot chocolate on a small coffee table next to the couch and sits back down next to me covering me with the fluffy blanket. I wrap my arms around him again it was just so comforting. Not long after my eyes are closed shut and all I can feel is his heart beat as my head rests on his chest and for that moment of comfort, I forgot all my problems for just that moment.

The next morning I wake up in my bed to a sweet smell, I quickly scramble out of bed and rush to the kitchen curious about who's in my apartment.

I turn the corner into my kitchen and is met by Oliver making pancakes.

"Morning... I thought I could start helping you by making you some pancakes and bacon," he says first gesturing to a stack of pancakes next to him then to a plate of bacon on the kitchen island.

"Oliver you didn't have to. And how did you know that I was behind you?" I asked walking up to him.

"Oh, I heard you climbing out the bed then padding off while rushing down the passage." He says turning around to hug me. Seems as if just that hug cheered me up and I felt full of life once more. A feeling I haven't had for a while as ever since I had to send Mon-El away then he returned married, my face begins to the damper.

"Let's eat!" He says noticing my mood change trying to keep me happy, glad to say it worked.

"Yes! Smells amazing!" I Say excited for the food. Oliver takes the plate of pancakes and puts it on the table where I have sat down. He grabs a fork and gets a nice piece of pancake with syrup and sugar on. My face turns bright red when he offers me to take the bite.

"I have work today!" I say trying to keep Oliver from noticing and having to take the bite even though it looked so yummy.

"Kara it's Saturday." He says with a chuckle.

"No your just lying to keep me here aren't u?" I say laughing and running over to the calendar on my fridge. It was Saturday but... There was something else written on the calendar reading "Alex's birthday... "I say standing in silence as tears once again threaten to appear as I relive some memories of me and Alex on her birthday.

Please leave a comment on your thoughts and a vote if you liked it. Thank you.