Mystery 10

Hey guys sorry for the really late update. I wasn't able to update due to struggling with writer's block, but thanks to Enduringlife 's help I was able to break through writer's block to continue my stories.
Enjoy!

Kara's P.O.V

It's 6:00 I'm already at the restaurant my nerves just wouldn't let me arrive any later, afraid that I would be late and miss it?! I stood in front of the restaurant and I glance down at what I'm wearing to make sure there were no crinkles before I go inside, I was wearing a beautiful blue lace dress and a white blazer.

I walk into the restaurant hoping to claim the reserved table we booked, but when I ask the lady at the counter for the table, I'm left in shock when she tells me a gentleman as already arrived and has been waiting for me. I check my phone in a rush to see the time.

"Could I be late?! No, I can't be I'm an hour early." I eventually snap out of it and follow the lady to my table.

There he is sitting at the table he was wearing a black leather jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, a pair of jeans and he had his hair neatly combed. I begin to feel nervous again and readjust my glasses. What do I Say?!

I eventually find my words through the nervousness. "Fashionably early I see," I say regretting every word a second after I've said it.

"I could say the same thing," he remarks with a smile.

I chuckle and take a seat the nerves begin to fade but were still noticeable.
The table was Nicely set up, some flowers in a vase,  two lovely decorated menus, and a beautiful little candle in the center of the table giving off a... lovely mood.

I reach out to grab a menu as my hand reaches the menu so does his. Our hands touch and just like that my nerves return.

Our eyes interlock and for some reason, I just can't look away, I don't know if it was his beautiful deep crystal blue eyes that I feel I could just dive into or his warm soft hand on mine.

But then the state is broken by a sharp light and heat, my blazer sleeve had caught fire from the candle! Before I can even react at a human speed he is already next to me getting the blazer off and putting out the flame. I'm frozen in place, stunned at how fast he has put out the fire.

"Are you hurt?" He asked concerned as he grabs a cloth dampens it and places it on my arm where the fire was kindled.

"I'm fine thanks, you don't have to worry about me I'm pretty much indestructible, remember?" I say the last part a little quieter a slight blush painting my face. He removes his jacket and places it around my shoulders. Instantly I feel warmer and I feel my heart skip a beat.

After some awkward silence, I decided to try and break the silence. "So wha.." I'm interrupted when he talks at the same time.

"Oh, I'm sorry what were you going to say?" He asks

"no, no nothing I was just trying to start a conversation what were you going to say?" I ask hoping he has a topic to break the silence.

"Oh ummhh.. What would you like to eat" he replies hoping to ease the awkwardness?

I start thinking. Umm, maybe I should have some fries and
potstickers? Or no maybe a pizza? Yes, pizza! Oh! No! Maybe I should just get a burger or nachos or pasta or umm.. aghhh I can't decide. The choices just kept stacking up in my head making it harder and harder to decide.

He notices my struggle and decides to help."You seem to be struggling how about we just get some sushi we can get a platter and share? " He asks hoping to free me from my mind.

"YES! that would be great thanks," I say remembering my love for sushi while unconsciously readjusting my glasses again.

Some time passes and we start to talk naturally even share a few laughs. But then my phone interrupts and the mood is gone.

"Sorry, it's work I have to take it," I say frowning slightly, He nods to say it's alright.

I feel my body tense I  when I hear what the call is about over the phone.

I jump up to leave."I have to go, I'm sorry this is really urgent" I turn around to run out of the restaurant knocking into the guy carrying the sushi that we were supposed to share.."Oh! I'm so sorry!" I apologize over my shoulder while running out the restaurant.

Wish I could have stayed I hate to do this to him. I think to myself.

I run into a close by an alley and quickly fly to my apartment to get my super suit. Rao why didn't I just pack it in a bag and taken the bag along? I ask myself upset that I won't be able to be there on time.

This is officially the longest chapter so far! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a comment of your thoughts and a vote if you liked it.