Mystery 12

Here's the chapter hope you like it.
Enjoy

Kara's POV

I hear all kinds of emergency vehicles sirens screaming in the city as they're all rushing to get to the explosion site. I try to Listen for Alex's heartbeat as I'm landing next to the DEO vehicle that J'onn came in.

"I can't find it... I can't hear her heartbeat!" I exclaim my heart starts pumping faster and faster as I start to panic.

I immediately head to where J'onn was searching with his team.

"Have you found anything supergirl?" Asks J'onn as he notices me walking alongside him looking for any trace of evidence that there are survivors.

"No... Nothing yet." I answer not wanting to give up the search.

There isn't much left to search everything was just... Ashes, a few bricks of the wall still standing but scorched pitch black. The cement seemed non existent as if we were standing on a empty black void.

"What kind of explosion could have done this?" I ask out in fear of what could've happened to Alex.

No one could answer.. There were no signs of life anywhere.

I fall to the ground among the ash my head lowered down in sadness, my hands thrashing into the ash as my sadness becomes anger.

But I noticed something as my hand submerged. Something solid it was a necklace. I had to wipe off the black smudges from the fire. I drop the necklace as my hands cover my mouth and tears start to stream
down my face.

It was Alex's necklace... The one Jeremiah gave her before he disappeared... I couldn't accept it I tried to come up with excuses for myself.

"No it can't be it would have burnt if it was with her in the explosion," I say my tears dripping to the ashes as I cry trying not to accept reality.

"It's fiberglass, fiberglass can't burn." A masculine voice from behind me says.

I immediately jump up to grab the man by the shirt and hold him against the small bit of wall that was still there out of anger not really registering who it is.

"K-Kara... Kara, it's just me... Oliver." he says his eyes wide with surprise. He was still wearing the clothes he wore on our date.

I immediately but carefully place him back on the ground and then step back bringing my hands up to hug myself I feel tears welling up as I'm standing there.

"What are you doing here? It's not safe here!" I say taking back another step.

"Kara I heard that there was an explosion on my home and I just couldn't help myself I had to see if you were okay," he says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Well you've seen that I'm okay so now you can go home," I say shrugging his hand off my shoulder and taking another step away from him.

"No Kara your not okay. Let me help you." He remarks taking my hand by the wrist and pulling me into a hug.

I feel too weak to object so I just lean into his embrace as the tears start streaming down my face again.

"Now tell me what happened?" He says resting his chin on my head.

"A.. A-Alex..." I try to say through tears my words sounding unclear and muffled.

"What?" He asks unsure of what I said.

"A... Alex, she's g..gone, Oliver. She was in the explosion. Oliver, She's gone, what am I gonna do?" I answer my words clearer than before.

"Oh, Kara. I'm so sorry if there is anything I can do please tell me." He says hugging me tighter.

We stand there for a while until he breaks the hug takes me by the hand and leads me to his car. I stop right before his car and look at it it was a beautiful red Audi A7 with two white stripes that went from the hood to the back of the car.

'sniff' "Where we going?" I ask him pretending that I'm not interested in the car.

"I'm taking you home then I'm going to call your friends so we can help you," he says opening the car door for me to climb in.

I climb in the car and he closes the door behind me and climbs in by the driver's seat he starts the car and the engine roars to life.

(Time skip to 3 weeks later at a graveyard outside of National City.)

Third person point of view

The sky was darkened clouds shouted in the background as thunder filled the atmosphere and rain came down masking everyone's tears on their faces.

Friends... Family... Coworkers... Bosses... And Lovers... Gathered around an empty coffin baring only Alex's necklace the only thing left of her disintegrated body.

The coffin was lifted and placed gently into the ground. One by one they took a hand full of sand and dropped it onto to coffin.

First was J'onn a father like a figure to Alex "You have done well Alex. You've made me proud." he says in a slow voice.

Lena came next picked up some dirt and slowly dropped it onto the coffin.

Then followed by Winn and James. Each doing the same followed by a simple message and prayer.

Maggie came forward next struggling to stand up straight.. "life won't be the same without you Danvers, it never will.." she says in tears. Alex's mom Eliza comes forward and holds Maggie "It.. Was her time. Though I can wish for nothing more than to see her again." she says struggling to get her words out.

Sam and her daughter were crying tears streaming down there face neither have of them have the strength to form words there sobs wouldn't let them.

Finally, Kara slowly walks forward with Oliver alongside her.

Oliver takes Kara's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze to try and comfort her trying to make it easier for her but she just stands there staring at the ground in front of her, her face blank as if she was staring into an endless emotionless void.

The world goes quiet other than the rain and thunder above everyone's head rain, drops rolling down Kara's face like tears till they drip off as they cascade onto the ground.

Suddenly out of nowhere she turns around and begins walking... Then pacing... Then jogging not long before she is in the air flying away into the horizon.

Everyone just silently stares at were Kara was last seen, neither one of them having the strength to say anything.

Oliver was about to run after her but J'onn stops him. "Don't worry I'll take care of her," he says before shape-shifting into his Martian form and flying after Kara.

Please leave a vote if you liked the story and comment on your thoughts.

This is the longest chapter of this story!