Honesty

(Flashback!)

Leah wakes up in the morning to the smell of breakfast cooking. She looks down and sees Grace's arms wrapped around her, tight. She's still fast asleep and she's snoring. Leah can't help but giggle a little because of how adorable her girlfriend is. Leah pushes the home button on her phone and sees it's 10 in the morning. She really doesn't want to wake Grace up so she doesn't. She just rests there until there's a knock at the door. A few seconds later, Ms Helbig is standing in the doorway.

"Oh sorry darling. She's not awake yet huh?" She whispers.

Leah shakes her head and smiles down at Grace.

"Ok, breakfast will be done in 10 minutes!" Ms Helbig leaves, shutting the door behind her. Ugh, that means Leah has to wake her up. She taps her arms a little bit, she didn't wake up. Leah knows she's a deep sleeper so she'll have to do a little more than that to get her up.

"Come on Grace, wake up hun." Leah says.

Nothing. Oooh, she has an idea. She leans down and presses her lips to Grace's. Grace's eyes open wide and realizes that it's just Leah. Grace smiles.

"Oh, so is that the method you're gonna use to wake me up?" Grace laughs.

Her voice is a little raspy and Leah missed that a lot when they were apart.

"You wouldn't wake up! I had to do something!" Leah snorts.

"Hey! I didn't say I didn't like it!" Grace smirks.

"Whatever, just get up. Your mom is making breakfast, it'll be done soon." Leah sits up.

Grace nods and gets dressed into normal clothes, instead of sweatpants. She doesn't mind changing in front of Leah anymore, they've been together for long enough. When she finishes, she turns to Leah, who also got dressed.

"Ready?" Grace smiles.

Leah nods and Grace reaches for the doorknob. Leah realizes that she forgot to give Grace her Christmas gift. She would've last night but they were too busy talking and cuddling.

"Ooh wait!" Leah yells.

Grace watches as Leah digs through her suitcase. Her hands are on her hips, looking at Leah in confusion.

"Uh whatcha lookin for?" She asks.

Leah finds what she's looking for and hides it behind her back.

"Oh nothing. Just a little Christmas gift..." Leah bites her lip.

Grace smiles.

"Stop doing that, it drives me absolutely insane." Grace smiles.

"What does?" Leah asks even though she knows the answer.

"That cute thing you do with you face. Stop it." Grace says.

"Only if you stop." Leah says.

"Ok but seriously what did you get me?" Grace points to the box Leah is holding.

"Merry Christmas beautiful." Leah hands the box to Grace and watches as she opens it, excitedly. Grace's eyes widen as she sees what's inside. It's a silver heart locket necklace. She opens the locket and inside it has words engraved in it.

It says:

To my Grace, I love you.

Grace's eyes go wide and she freezes.

"Here, let me help you with that." Leah says. She takes the necklace and moves Grace's hair out of the way. She clips it around her neck and faces Grace again. Grace is still frozen, staring deep inside Leah's eyes. She's never been told she was loved before by anyone besides her family. It comes to a shock to her and she can't seem to gather her thoughts.