I Choose You

I'm back! This would've been up way earlier but knowing me, I forgot to save it so the entire chapter got deleted and I was so mad! I worked so hard on it and I was actually proud of it and then poof it was gone. But that's besides the point, I'm back and I hope you like it!(This is another flashback to Grace's college days!)

There's something that Leah neglected to tell Grace when they first started dating because she knew it would be a big deal to Grace. Their relationship has been going so great and they've been dating for about 4 months now and honestly, it's been the best 4 months of both of their lives. Christmas break is approaching and Grace thinks it would be a great idea for Leah to meet her family, so she brings it up when they're just laying in bed watching reality tv.
"Hey babe?" Grace says, looking up at Leah.
"Hmm?" Leah responds.
"What are you planning on doing for Christmas break?" Grace asks.
"Um well I'm probably gonna go home and spend it with my family." Leah says.
"Oh..." Grace sighs.
"What?" Leah asks.
"I just...I wanted to see if you wanted to spend it with me and meet my family but it's fine, I understand." Grace admits.
"I'm sorry, I wish I could! It's just, my family kind of takes Christmas very seriously so I can't really miss it." Leah says.
Shit. Leah knows what Grace is gonna ask next and she does not want to answer it. She's not gonna lie though. She can't. The truth had to come out at some point right? And sure enough, Grace does ask the question.
"I mean, my family takes Christmas seriously too but is your family like extra religious or something?" Grace sits up.
"Um yeah, you could say that..." Leah says.
Grace just gives her a questioning look.
"Elaborate please?" Grace asks.
"Well, you see, my family is very religious because, well because my father...he's a pastor..." Leah looks down because she doesn't want to see Grace's face.
"Oh...does that mean he doesn't approve of ga-" Grace starts but gets cut off.
"Yeah, yeah it does." Leah sighs.
"Oh...I uh, I gotta go. Goodnight Leah." Grace grabs her purse and starts towards the door. She wants to excuse herself before she goes off on Leah, because she's furious with her right now.
Leah jumps up and grabs Grace's wrist and spins her around.
"Wait, Grace. Come on, can't we talk about this?" Leah asks.
Fuck it, Grace is gonna go off. She can't help it. Grace tosses her purse across the room and crosses her arms.
"Alright, Leah. Let's fucking talk about this, shall we? Hmmm where do I start? Oh yeah! Why didn't you tell me this?! This is a huge deal! This is the type of thing that you tell people in relationships! Especially ours." Grace shouts. Grace is surprised at herself for being so harsh but whatever, she's mad.
Leah has never really seen Grace this mad before. I mean sure, they've had their arguments but they were always stupid things so they got over it quick. But this is different, Leah can tell that this is not something that'll go away that easily.
"I'm sorry Grace. I didn't tell you because I want to be with you and I knew that you'd get mad. If you think about it, my dad's job shouldn't affect our relationship. It'll be ok, ok? Just let's just calm down, ok?" Leah tries.
That was a bad idea to tell Grace to calm down. She absolutely hates when people tell her that.
Grace sarcastically laughs.
"Ok, first of all, don't ever tell me to calm down. I hate when people say that, ok? Second of all, you're right, I am mad! And your dad's job affects our relationship a lot ok? I can't meet your family now. We won't be able to continue our relationship after college, if it lasted that long anyways. And if you do come out to your dad, what will happen? Will he accept it?" It takes all of her effort to hold in her tears.
Leah sighs.
"Honestly, I'm not really sure what he'd do. Grace, all I know is that I'm willing to risk it for you. I choose you." Leah wipes a tear from Grace's cheek.
Grace gives in and buries her face in her hands and lets Leah pull her in for a hug.
"I'm sorry." Grace cries.
"No I should've told you. I'm so sorry, baby." Leah whispers.
Grace smiles and kisses Leah while she wipes away her tears.
"I'm sorry I got so mad, god, I never knew I had it in me. Sorry for being that harsh." Grace apologizes.
"Yeah, but it was kinda sexy..." Leah winks.
Grace glares at Leah and Leah puts her hands up in front of her in defense.
"Too soon, sorry." Leah bites her lip.
Grace's face lights up at the sight of Leah biting her lip.
"Ughh I can't stay mad at you when you are that cute, stop that!" Grace laughs.
"Oh shut up!" Leah blushes.
They continue their night with Grace wrapped up in Leah's arms and Leah can't help but think that she almost just lost Grace. She's so glad she didn't. Because, well, she loves her. She really loves her.
(End of flashback!)
Grace awakens at the sound of her alarm at 10:45. She groans and rolls out of bed, remembering that Hannah and Mamrie are going to be here soon. She brushes her teeth and throws on a hoodie and sweatshirt. Grace decides to put on some makeup because she doesn't want her friends to think that she's a total mess, even though she kinda is. She forgets what it feels like to have breakfast. She has a bowl of stale cereal and relaxes until her friends get there. She gets a text message from Hannah.

Friendly Attractionsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें