9. Demons

...

It took time and explanations, but Chuck finally finished giving us every bit of information He could about me, the Amon.

He had told us that as an Amon, I would have to pick if I would work for Heaven or Hell. Obviously, I chose Heaven. He said as long as I didn't start turning into the demon in my veins, I would be part of Heaven, even if I didn't go on any assignments.

I asked Him about my memories with Castiel. He told me they were made up. He wanted me to remember Castiel because I needed to know someone. The last thing Chuck did was tell Cas something that we couldn't hear.

Castiel nodded and Chuck vanished. I sat back down and thought about everything. Everything I'm capable of could do good or evil. I wanted it to do all good, but what if.... No, it's too crazy.

After a few minutes, Sam cleared his throat. "I'm going to go get something to eat. What do you guys want from the diner?"

"A cheeseburger and a slice of cherry pie," Dean said in a monotone voice, as if he'd said it a million times before, which he probably had.

"Same here," Cas replied.

"I'm not all that hungry," I told him, being as honest as I could. I was a little hungry, but I didn't want to admit it.

Sam left the room with his Dodge Charger keys, leaving the rest of us to sit in silence. Dean stood up and left the room as well, probably to go off and drink in his room or something.

Castiel and I sat side by side in the library, thinking about everything. I thought about what I would be able to do. Then I noticed the pile of angel lore books next to Sam's chair.

I wanted to put them away, but I just couldn't find the strength to do it. I eyed the untidy stack of books and they lifted off the floor. Castiel looked up and saw me lifting the books without touching them.

"Are you doing that?" Castiel asked.

"I think so," I flicked my hand to the shelf emptied of its angel lore books and they all swerved evenly into their places on that shelf. "Woah. That's...." I couldn't find the word for it.

"Interesting," Castiel finished. "As an angel, there are some things I can and can't do. And demons are the same way. You can do all of it. Shouldn't that be.... Overwhelming?"

"In the past two days, I've realized that with you three, the meaning of 'overwhelming' is a whole lot different than what I used to think," I smiled at him lightly.

There was a moment of silence. We sat there and smiled at each other. His smile was a little sad, but it was there. And it was a welcoming smile.

His face fell as he looked behind me. I turned around and saw 2 men and a woman standing there. I stood up, Castiel doing the same. All three of them flashed their eyes black at us.

"Hello Castiel. We're just here for something you took from us," The woman said, turning her head to look at me when she said 'something'.

"She doesn't belong to you," Castiel said, stepping in front of me and placing his hand on my wrist. "She's with us. She made her decision."

"Had she now?" The woman smiled evily. "Well, that's a shame. Why would she choose the side of a pathetic angel and two humans?"

"Because I'm not a fool, unlike some beings," I snapped. "And even if I didn't choose Heaven's side, I still wouldn't go with you bitches."

"Feeling fierce today, are we?" The woman cocked her head at me. "And I thought you were just a scared, sad little mouse."

"Don't you dare talk about her like that," Castiel snapped without thinking, his grip on my wrist tightening a little bit.

"Oh, what? Does the angel have feelings for the Amon?" The woman nagged.

"That's it," Castiel let go of my wrist and dropped an angel blade into his hand from the inside of his sleeve. He lunged at the woman, but missed and got one of the two guys, killing the demon.

The guy tackled Cas and the woman picked up the blade. Castiel wrestled the guy off of him and stabbed him with a demon knife he pulled off the table next to him.

Car stood up and the woman lunged at me. Before I knew it, there was an angel blade in my stomach.