Six

Chapter 6
Maddie's POV

One could say it's alright to be upset, and then there's Abby who says save your tears for the pillow. I'm threw with crying, done. I've cried for days over Kenzie-days. I saw her on Wednesday, two days after the crash, and one day since she left the world. She didn't look like the Kenzie who was practicing her contemporary solo perfectly on Monday. Instead she looked like a pale, dead, body. Her hair was draped over her shoulders with her eyes lightly closed, her hands by her sides.

"Kenzie?" I whispered while tears streamed down my face. I waited for an answer, nothing. I watched for a sign, anything that might show she's still with us, but there was none. I sighed, walked over to her, kissed her on her forehead and sank to my knees. "I want my little sister again." I said to her. "I don't want her in heaven, I want her here on Earth with me because I need her. You taught me how to not let Miss Abby get to me, how to smile like no other, and party like nobody's business. I've always strived to enjoy life the way you did because you made everything better than it actually was." I grabbed her hand, it was ice cold like it had just been held in a bucket of ice for an hour. At that moment I stood up, whipped my tears, and walked to the door. I grabbed the handle and abruptly turned around and said, "Just like you taught me, no more emotion in life and bad things won't happen. Nothing can get to me anymore, not even this." I took a deep breath, turned around and headed out the door, never to see my little sister again.

"You know what Miss Abby? I no longer need to save my tears for the pillow cause I no longer have any more tears to shed."

Outsider's POV

Christi sat in the ICU watching her daughter sit in a giant, puffy chair while being supported by eight giant pillows. Chloe, her daughter, was still trying to grasp the fact that she would never walk again, although her mother acted like it was just another normal day. Little did her mom know how truly miserable Chloe was, and was forever going to be.

"Mom?" Chloe asked.

"Hmm?" Christi mumbled.

"If I were gone, would you be miserable?"

"I suppose it depends on what you mean by gone; like gone for good, or just far away gone?"

"Gone for good." Stated Chloe.

"Then yes of course I would, but I'd still be happy cause I know that even though you're not there, you're there." Replied Christi. Of course, it was unaware to Christi what her daughter was planning, but what Chloe knew is that she would no longer have any issues with her life.