Chapter 3

The Boat To The French Quarter

"Do you have a restroom, or a place I could change on this boat?" I asked.

"Yes." He said telling me where to go. I grabbed one of my suitcases and went down.

"Ugh! I have blood all over me." I said looking down. I put on blue jean capri's, a purple tank top, with a light brown jacket, and black heels. Then I walked back up to the deck and started to check my phone. Seven text messages, six from Elena, one from Stefan.

*Elena- Where are you?

*Elena- Please, call me.

*Elena- I'm sorry.

*Elena- We're really sorry.

*Elena- Please come home.

*Elena- Caroline! Answer your phone.

*Stefan- Hey. Everyone's worried. Please call Elena. She really wants to talk to you, to know you're okay. Be careful.

After reading that I decided to ignore Elena's texts, and text Stefan.

*Stefan- Hey, Stefan. I'm fine. I'll call Elena when I'm settled in.

Marie's Motel

When I looked up we were pulling into the docks. So I told the man thanks, and grabbed my things. I saw a little motel that said, 'Marie's'. It looked like a 70's 3 story building. Inside the walls were a beige color with a little sofa by the wall with a little table in front of it. I walked to the desk where a lady that looked to be in her late forties with short gray hair, and a kind face. When she saw me she looked questioning at me then smiled, and said.

"Hi sweetheart. How long will you be staying?" She smiled pulling out a book to write everything down.

"Um. I'm not sure." I said smiling at her.

"Well, I'll give you our best room, and after you get settled, come on down, and we can have some tea." She said handing me a key that had a 12 on it.

"Sure." I said smiling. After I got to my room, and packed everything I put the blood bags in the refrigerator. I put a blood bag in a cup, and drank it while looking at everything. The walls were a light gray with white furniture, pictures from the 70's on the walls, and a king size bed.

*Ring
*Ring

"Hello." I said annoyed that I couldn't have any peace.

"Caroline! Are you okay? We were so worried. Come home." She said way too loudly begging me.

"I'm fine. I'll see you in a few months, or years." I said annoyed. Why should I go back? Her boyfriend used me. Tyler's an a**. There is nothing there for me right now. I thought.

"What!" She yelled making me nearly drop the phone.

"We're immortal, Elena. It's not like I will never see you again." I said.

"Care. You know what? Fine. Just be careful." She said.

"I will. Bye, Elena." I said, sighing in frustration. Well let's go get some tea. I thought to myself. Then I walked down to see Marie sitting with the tea, and cute little tea cups at the table so I sat beside her and she handed me a cup of tea.

"Hi Caroline. Are you enjoying New Orleans, so far?" She asked.

"Well this is the first place I've been." I said smiling, and went to drank the tea but I smelled vervain. So I frowned, and sat it down.

"Why did you put vervain in my tea?" I asked frowning. Why can't I get a break? I thought to myself.

"How did you know?" She asked.