Chapter 36

Reads: 14.75k
Votes: 554
Comments: 123
3/29/15

*Recap

"How's life with Aurora?" He asked, and I smiled shaking my head.

"It's different. I have a lot of people there to help me, but I want to do it on my own. But, I can't. I have so problems it seems as if everytime I spend a second with her something else intervenes. It's hard, it really is. But, you, and I both know that wasn't your question."

"When are you leaving with Aurora, and where are you going?" He asked.

"I Matt. I, don't. I don't want to lie to you." I whispered.

"If you need to compel me to keep your secret I will. I don't want you to have to lie." He said smiling sadly at me.

"You'd do that?" I asked shocked.

"You're my friend, Care. I trust you." He said confidently.

"Are you sure?" I asked worried.

"Yes. Do it." He said confidently as he stood, and walked to the side of the table. I slowly rose from my chair unsure.

"Are you sure?" I asked one more time for confirmation.

"Caroline. Do it." He laughed shaking his head at me in amusement.

"Okay! Fine." I said taking a deep breath to calm my nerves. I slowly took three steps towards him calming slightly when he put his hand on my should reassuringly.

"You're fine, Care." He laughed, and I nodded my head. I took one final deep breath as I let my eyes connect with his.

"What I am about to tell you is a secret. You can not, and will not tell anyone, or speak to anyone about what we spoke about. Understand?" I asked, and he nodded his silently.

"I understand." He repeated, and then repeatedly blinked while shaking his head slightly.

"I'm still not used to compulsion." He said chuckling, and I smiled slightly at his joke. We then sat in our seats quietly while Matt waited for me to speak.

"I think they're wanting me to go with them." I confessed slightly unsure.

"The Mikaelsons?" He asked confused, and I nodded.

"You aren't?" He asked confused.

"I. I know I should, but I. I don't know what to do. I lied." I whispered.

"About what?" He asked confused.

"At the beginning Klaus really was the father, but when I got to New Orleans he was with Haley. They lied, and said they lost their baby that they had had." I said.

"He's a vampire he can't have kids." Matt said confidently.

"He's also a werewolf. Once that gene was activated he could have kids." I explained.

"Oh." He said, and I nodded.

"They had lied to protect him, but he actually lived. What Hayley never told anyone was her baby was actually Tyler's. That's who Tyler's new guest is. Anyways I have dreams about this MoonGoddess, the creator of all supernatural wolves, and she tells me things I need to know. But she gave me the decision as to whether Klaus, or Elijah was the father. I started to have deep feelings for him, I'm not completely sure why, but I have a clue. I saw my future, and he said he loved me. I think that effected my feelings a lot. She came to me in a dream a few days ago, and told me she didn't know who the father was. I. The person I loved more between the time of her birth, and since she was in my stomach, is the father of Aurora." I whispered.

"So Klaus is supposed to be her father, but Elijah could possibly be her father." Matt said in confusion, and astonishment maybe?

"Yeah." I whispered sadly.

"Do you have any idea on who you think is the father?" He asked quietly. Yes. I thought sadly.

"I might. I'm not sure." I said.

"What's best for her isn't always the truth, Caroline." He said.

"You think Klaus is the father don't you?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"I don't know. You're the only one who really knows how you felt at that time. I personally think you know." Matt said.

"I. I think Klaus is Aurora's father." I confessed holding in a cry.

"It's okay, Care." Matt said reassuringly.

"It's not okay! My baby is the daughter of the immortal hybrid! Practically the whole supernatural worlds enemy!" I said angrily.

"He's not the strongest being anymore, Care. You are, you can protect her." Matt said confidently.

"What if I fail her?" I had asked, and he smiled saying, 'you won't'. Now I'm back at the Mikaelsons.

"How was your date, Love?" Klaus asked smirking while he stood holding Aurora in her room.

"Eyeopening." I whispered easily grabbing her from his arms. I smiled at her, and eased myself into the leather seat rocking her sleeping body.

"Did you feed her?" I asked him, and he smiled.

"I did. She fell asleep shortly after that. She's been asleep for twenty minutes maybe." He said, and I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I whispered, and he smiled genuinely.

"You're welcome." He said moving a stray piece of hair from my face. I smiled lying my face into his hand closing my eyes.

"You should get some sleep, Love." He whispered, and I nodded moving my face away from his hand while keeping my eyes closed.

"I'll take you." He whispered, and I nodded. I felt his hands gently take Aurora from my hands, and I'm guessing lay her down in her crib.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed, Love." He whispered wrapping his arms around my legs. I smiled slightly when I laid my face against his chest while he held me bridal style.

"I'll check on Aurora while you sleep." He whispered as he gently laid me down on my bed. I curled up into the bed as he gently wrapped a blanket around me.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"You're welcome, Love." He whispered.

P.O.V. Klaus (Surprised?)

"Rebekah, what happened to Caroline?" I asked furious while keeping my voice down from waking Caroline or Aurora.

"What the bloody he*l do you mean, Nik?" She asked angrily.

"She came home, and was broken! Silent! When has she ever been silent?" I asked harshly.

"I'll go ask Matt what they talked about, Nik. Relax." She said, and I shook my head stomping away from Rebekah, and Stefan.

"I will always protect you, and yours, whether that be mine, or Elijah's." I vowed looking at the painting I had recently just finished of her, and Aurora. Aurora was gently sleeping in her hands. My love. I will gain your trust, and forgiveness if its the last thing I do. I vowed quietly.