Chapter 15

Caitlyn P.O.V

I didn't know if I should be angry at Aaron or ashamed for the way I had acted toward him. He was right in a way maybe I shouldn't be out wondering during a time that was so dangerous. However I didn't want to stay locked up in the villa all day. I wanted to help Aaron with whatever he planned to do. I wanted to make it easier for him. Right now, though my blood boiled so hot that I couldn't think of doing anything relatively good for him. All I had was resentment pity, and the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I hated this.

Suddenly I felt a presence behind me coming closer.

"Caitlyn?"

I turned to see Amar looking down at me with humiliation in his eyes. He scratched the back of his head, opening his mouth to speak.

"I'm really sorry for all that... I shouldn't have coaxed you into going out. All I meant to do was-"

I held up my hand to stop from speaking.

"It's alright. Nothing is your fault here." I explained then sighed and turned around. "I shouldn't have treated Aaron the way I did."

"Well to be fair he shouldn't have spoken to you that way..." Vernea began looking at me sternly. "I agree with the point he made. But not the way he said it. He needs to realise that not everything he says is the be all and end all. That has always been Aaron's weakness and it is one of the many reasons why he Fell."

"I think he's an asshole." Said Lamia bluntly. Everyone sort of glance at her including me. she had that same wicked smile on her face and for a second, I swear her eyes were green.

She was probably the most intimidating person I had ever met and her expressions and mannersims just made me want to leave. So I did. I retreated back up the stairs feeling completely sick to my stomach.

Shadows had become a part of everyday life. You stand in the sunlight and your shadow is cast on the ground beneath you. However I've noticed that whenever that would happen to me, if I stood a certain way, my shadow would look taller and more burly. As a child, I felt confident because of it but as I got older I realized that it happened to everyone. Neverthreless it still made me feel like I was on top of the world, even if it was just an illusion. Shadows were my best friend.

However that would began and to change very quickly.

I woke up with pounding in my head. I must have fallen asleep when I came here after Aaron left I hadn't slept well. I had bad dreams that involved Aaron Daniel and myself. I couldn't stop worrying about Aaron and even though we had butted heads in the past. I was sort of worried about Daniel. He had showed kidness to me lately.

I laid there for a second tossing and turning. The bed was so warm but I felt so cold. At first I thought it was just the breeze coming through the open balcony doors but when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, I knew it was something different.

When I sat up the first thing I thought was how did the balcony doors open? I always shut them before going to sleep. I remembered clearly coming up to my room and shutting them just in case I ended up falling asleep which I eventually did. I swallowed hard at the thought of someone creeping up to my window and opening them, my eyes widened in realisztion that it might have just been Vernea popping in which she never does. For a brief moment, I suspected it had been Aaron sneaking into my room at night to make sure I was okay or just to stare at me creepily like I know he'd done in that past but to him it wasn't creepy I guess to him it was love and I guess I considered it to be the same.

That thought faded when I saw the shadow

It was there without an owner creeping along the cream coloured walls. It was the figure of a person yet no one stood next to it in order to make it logical. I gasped say up completely and pulled my legs forward to my chest. I wanted to do something but I was frozen in fear. I watched as it moved across the room and as it got closer it began to take form. Standing there was the one person I hadn't wanted to see and a pair of familiar yellow eyes glowered black at me.

I opened my mouth to scream but the shadow lifted its hand in my direction. Suddenly I could not speak.each time I tried, I chocked over my own words.

I couldn't move. I couldn't even tremble in fear. I couldn't speak.

Then I was picked up and just like that. Cass carried me out onto the balcony and all I could think as he dragged me away was I'm not going to be rescued this time.

Broken Souls (Glass Touch 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara