prologue

Pat. Pat.Pat.

The sound of footprints stomping their way through the sand was the only sound that morning on the Isle of Palms beach, just a few miles from Charleston and right on the coast of South California. It was a windy cool morning, which was much different than the usual weather in Charlston in early Novemeber.

Aaron stood looking out into the distance and warming his hands by shoving them into the pockets of his trench coat. His dark brown hair blew in the wind exposing one lone white streak. He hadn't had the chance to shave for two days a bit of peach fuzz was starting to grow on his face that was dark brown just like his hair.

He wanted to stay there for a while and just think. Caitlyn was probably on a plane or train or whatever means of transportion Daniel and Verena had decided to use by now, If they hadn't already gotten to the place Daniel and Aaron and the rest of them used to meet at decades ago.

Aaron wondered what she was doing.

If they had already gotten there she was proberly either sleeping or eating right now. If not she was probebrly staring out of the window o whaterver means of transportation she was riding in, wondering about things she shoudlnt be worried about. Aaron missed her.

He missed Caitlyn.

He would always miss her, even when she was right by his side. He would miss her, and the last one and all the other Caitlyn's before her. Their relationshiphat wa would never be whole. Aaron was awareof that. With everything that has kept them apart so far Aaron already knows that they will never be able to truly be together, but what they have now Is enough for them.

He'll take what he can get.

Centuries ago, Aaron might have thought differently. He might have cursed himself for even thinking about putting himself through a relationship that wasn't anything he wanted. But now after all the time that has passed after all the pain he has suffered. Aron has learned to finally be content with what he does have instead of desperate for the things he will never have.

So if a tough relationship with Caitlyn is all he can get, he'll take it.

Aaron knows he should be meeting up with the entire Clan within a materof minutes other than Daniel and Vernea. He had to meet Claire and Thorne and the other distant clan members, all of which he hadn't seen in years. After the battle two days ago Aaron had much to do that he had no interest in. The war was no longer pending.

The war had already become.

Before Aaron could let the thoughts poisn his mind any longer he let the thoughts poison his mind any longer, he let his wings elongate from his shoulder blades, causing his skin to break and his coat to rip. Gracefully he took to the grey skies.