Ross: The rest of the day

Ross' POV:

Since everyone left, Rach and I have been sitting on the couch together, with the TV on in the background. It hasn't been that long since they were all here. 10, 15 minutes maybe. We sit in silence until I break the streak. "You didn't have to tell you dad that he wasn't invited to our wedding if you didn't want to, you know!"

Rach turns her head that little bit more and looks into my eyes with a small smile. Lifting her hand and lowering my chin a little, so that we have a strong eye connection between us, she exhales, "Of course I did!" she softly runs her forefingers over my forming bruise. "I don't want to have someone around when we celebrate if they have the intention, at any time, to do something like he did." She looks at my jaw before gazing back into my eyes. "Cause when someone hurts you, they hurt me!" Her voice still quiet and soft, she sighs.

"I can't believe he did that to you, honey. I'm so sorry about him." She spits out sorrowfully, resting her head on my shoulder, still with her hand on my cheek. "Rachel, darling, it's fine." I assure her so that she stops fussing. "I'm not gonna lie, I am a little bit glad that our parents and your sisters aren't coming to our wedding!" I start to say when Rach displays a confused 'where are you going with this' look. "I mean, I want them to be at the actual wedding, and I'm not happy that they're not going to be there, but for the entire holiday might be a bit too much." I continue.

"I pleased that it'll just be us 6 taking Ben!" I smile, "Oh, I forgot to ask... It is alright if we bring Ben right?" I ask. I get a bit scared when she laughs at me. Is she about to say no? "Are you joking? You are, right? Why wouldn't I want Ben there?" She continues laugh. I sigh with relief before I squeeze her into me for a quick hug.

"Carol said we can take him when we go. She and Susan are going to take a little vay-cay of their own whilst they can." I tell her. "Well, if you want, you can tell them that we'll look after him more so they can spend more time together!" She suggests. "That'll be great. We can spend more family days out with him, couldn't we." I smile, thinking of future, possible days out. "It'll be so fun when our baby gets here! I wonder how Ben will be with her, or him..." Rach giggles.

"Hopefully they'll be really good with each other." I reply to her wonderment. "Hopefully!"

Right then, Monica walks through the door and over to us, sitting on the armchair. "I've booked 6 boat trip tickets to get us all there and back!" she informs us, proud of herself. "6?" Rachel questions, "What about Ben?" she asks confused, looking from me to Monica. "C Ben's only 2, he goes free." Monica reasons. "Oh. Alright then." Monica stands up again, "Well, the tickets are a pick-up from the post office, so I'm gonna get changed and go pick them up with Chandler." She smiles and goes to change into outdoor clothes, instead of the pyjama shorts and baggy top she is wearing at the moment.

Once she has shut her door, Rachel turns to look at me and says, "Have you notice how much they do together?" she mentions how they always sit next to each other; do everything together and how they are super comfortable with the other. "They act a bit like we did when we first started to go out!" She finishes. "I know, I don't see why he doesn't just ask her out! And that's coming from her big brother, that's got to mean something!" I laugh.

After a while, I suggest "Should we look for an apartment now?" Looking around for the newspaper. "Yeah, we have nothing better to do." She smiles, standing up and bring the paper over to where we are sitting. We sit next to each other, each holding one side of the paper as we look through the advertisements. "How about this place?" Rach asks me, pointing to a small, 2 bedroom apartment.

"It's alright... But I don't think it'll be a very good size. And it's not free for another 10 weeks, which is a long time to wait." I complain. We continue to look through them until Chandler walks though the door. "Hey! Is Monica ready?" He asks, shoving his hands into his pockets and rocking up and down as he stands. Rach and I both display pretty obvious smirks as Chan questions us with a look. "Yeah?" He drags out the word.