Ross: Suprise!

Before I start, I just remembered that just before Rachel says they should go on a break, she pours herself some wine... scrap that! In this version she hasn't had any alcohol in the last 2 months, just so that their is minimal possibility of anything happening to the baby!

Thanks, you may read after I thank you all for reading! Thanks! :p
__________________________________________________________________________________

Ross' POV:

In the cab, I cant help but smile, thinking. Looking to my side, I see Rachel with a smile as well. Just two happy people heading home.

"Rach?" I ask. "Yes, Ross?" She replies graciously. "You know the night we... broke up...? Our anniversary?" "Yeah?" She replies a little confused as to where I was going with this. "Can I take you on that date I was going to take you on?" I ask, smiling down to her. She smiles back at me, "Yeah, sure. That'll be fun!" "Okay, great! I'll let you go back home to Mon's so you can get dressed up or get ready or what ever you need to do! I'll pick you up at 7, okay!?" I tell her. "Yeah, okay! We can tell the others about the baby when we're there! Like how it's 7 weeks!" She chuckles.

We get back to Monica's and walk up the stairs, hand in hand, being greeted by Joey and Chan at the top as the cross the hall into Monica's and Rachel's apartment. "Hey!" "Hey guys" They say. "Hi!" Rach replies, jolly! They look at us with a weird expression at first, but then Joey jumps up slightly, lightly wacking Chandlers arm before saying "So, how did it go? At the doctors? With the baby?" excitedly forming a grin. Rachel looks up at me as we smile at each other then turning back to the guys. "Erm, yeah, great!" Rach giggles. "Yeah, lets go inside first" I say pointing to the door and taking a step forward, still holding Rachel's hand.

We all walk inside apartment 20, seeing Monica and Phoebe on the couch watching TV. "Hey" The girls turn around and reply to us "Hi!" They get up and we all sit down at the table. Being the overly happy couple that we are, I pull Rachel towards me and she sits on my lap. I snake my arms around her, hugging her in the process of resting my hands upon our child growing inside her stomach.

"So?" Monica started. "What d'the doctor say?" Phoebe finished. "Guess how far along I am!" Rachel said. Each of our friends display a confused look on their faces. "Err, I don't know... 2, 3 weeks?" Mon says with unsurity in her voice. "Yeah, it couldn't be that long, Rach didn't have symptoms until last week...?" Phoebe states. "Haha!" Rachel laughs as I slightly chuckle behind her. "Guess again!" I say.

The four of them just look at us. Rachel looks back at me with her gorgeous smile and I nod to her. "7!" She almost shouts from excitement. "7!?" They all repeat in sync, matching Rachel's tone of voice.  "Really? 7 weeks? Not days, right?" Joey asks, still a little confused I guess. "Yes, Joe! 7 weeks!" I assure him. "Wow!" Chandler says. "Yeah!" Phoebe agrees.

"Okay, well, we have a date tonight. I need to organise everything, so I'm going to leave you lot to it!" I say, standing up from the seat I was sitting on. I quickly give Rachel a peck before I head towards the door.

"Bye guys" I say, walking out of the door and leaving.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***--***---***---***

I call work and speak to them for a while. I then phone up the nearest florist and order lilies to be delivered somewhere in particular. I then run to my bedroom and rummage through my drawers trying to find something to take tonight. By the time I do this, it's 5:45 pm so I decide to take a shower. I wash my hair and my body, using the best smelling shampoo and body wash that I have.

Now I'm out of the shower, it's 6:15. I go back to my bedroom and pick out my best tuxedo. I get dressed without rushing so that I don't crease my outfit and then head to the florist to pick up a bunch of lilies that I have already ordered but not asked to be sent anywhere.

By the time I get to leave the florist, it's 6:45 so I start to walk back to Monica's and Rachel's to pick up my wonderfully beautiful, pregnant girlfriend. I get there within 10 minutes, so I'm 5 minutes early. Double checking I have everything I need with me, I knock on the door and wait for it to open, just to be polite and not barge in like normal.

The door opens and I see my little sister. "Hey Mon" I kiss her on the cheek. "Hey, I'm going next door. She's in her room" She says, stepping out into the hall. "Bye" "See you tomorrow" I reply as she walks into the guys apartment. I walk into the girls to go get Rachel.

"Rach?" I knocked on her bedroom door and waited for her to answer or open it. She opened the door. "Hey you!" she says, placing a hand on my chest. I give her the bouquet of lilies. Then I slide my hand around her waist and pull her into my body for a loving hug. "Hey you!" I reply, leaving a kiss on the top of her head. "You almost ready?" I stand back slightly, enough to see what stunningly magnificent outfit she is wearing. She has a graceful, tight dress, hugging her body. The blue bringing out her eyes. Her hair lay gently, down the sides of her face, outlining her beauty. With simple make-up, she looked marvellous.

"Yeah, just let me grab my purse" She says, walking over to her dresser and picking it up. "You look amazing, Rach!" I tell her as she returns to my side. "Thanks, so do you!" She replies, as I take her hand in mine. I lead her to the door and all the way outside, before I help her into the taxi that I already had waiting. "Good evening Mr Geller" Our driver says to me. "Evening" I reply. "Can you take us to where I said please" and he starts driving.

The car ride is very peaceful. Sweet love songs playing on the radio as Rachel and I make sweet talk to fill any possible silence. When the taxi slows down, I know where we are, but Rachel looks a bit puzzled. "Thank you!" I say to the driver before paying him and helping Rachel out of the vehicle.

I wrap one hand around her back and rest it on her waist, leading her up to the building we have come to. I take her through the door and into a room of to the left. There, I had a table set for 2 ready. We walk over and I pull a chair out for her, allowing her to sit down, before I sit down opposite her.

Soon, my good friend came through another door and greets us. "Hello Ross" He says to me. "Rachel, I assume. How is your evening so far?" he asks politely. "I will be your waiter today and I will be back shortly with your food and drink" He says before heading back out of the door he came in through.

I fix my vision on Rachel as she smiles sweetly at me. "What is all of this?" She asks. "I thought we would go to a restaurant. Where are we?" I hold me smile, not wanting to ruin the surprise I have for her later. "I just thought it would be better if it was just us two! ...and Nathan, our waiter!" I tell her, both of us letting out a small chuckle. "Aw, that's very thoughtful of you, Ross!"

Nathan walks back through the door moments later with our dinner and a big bottle of apple juice. He places two wine glasses down on the table, one in front of each of us, then pours some juice into each glass. He sets the plates on the place mats next to the juice and leaves straight after, giving us our space.

"Apple juice?" "Yeah, of course! I can't give you wine, can I? You're homing a baby in there!" I reply with a smile. We don't really stick to one topic in conversation during our meal, but that might just be my thought. I'm too nervous to keep focus. This is a big deal, us, tonight. I love Rachel, I really do, but I still get so flustered.

We finish our dinner and I stand up from my chair. I take a step round to Rachel before outstretching my hand, waiting for her to connect touch with me. I lead her back to the door we entered through and continue down the hallway. We reach the door at the end and we stop walking. I turn around so my back is to the door and I am face to face with Rach. "Okay, erm. Wait here for two minutes before you come in, okay?" With a confused look, brushing it to the side, she replies "Okay, two minutes" I turn around and enter the pitch black room.

I flick on the switch on the wall to the side of me and then set another device to do something for when Rachel walks in. I do more things with more buttons and switches and other devices before turning around and looking around the room. I walk to the centre and wait.

Just as suspected, moments later the door opens and Rachel walks in. Looking around, she gasps. Her hand rushes to her mouth and her eyes become glossy.