Rachel: A new start

Rachel's POV:

This is it. It's going to happen. A new start. A... family.

We all sit here together, in the living room, and we all know that everything is about to change. I feel so responsible for changing the lives of all of our friends, and family when you think about the relation of Ross and Mon. Oh my, Monica's going to be my child's aunt. Aww!

I mean, Phoebs will be their aunt too, but Mon is biologically related to my child. Our child, Ross and I.

This child will be and is so lucky. Just like me. To have all of these people to love and support me. I wonder what gender our child will be. I hope to find out soon, then we can say 'he' or 'she' instead of 'our baby' or the others saying 'the baby' or anything else like that.

As I come out of my trance, I look up at Ross, with a smile on my face before asking "Can we go back to yours?"

He returns a warm smile and answers "Yeah". He pulls his hands to my sides, giving me a little push, helping me to get back on my feet, ready to leave.

Ross gets up behind me and strolls to the door picking up our coats. I follow his lead as I say "Okay, bye guys"

They all change the direction of where they are looking to Ross and myself as they all say bye to us. I turn round and Ross holds up my coat so I can put my arms into the sleeves.

"What a gentleman" I giggle as I pull my arms through. Once we are completely ready to leave, I twist around facing the door and walk out of it, Ross following behind me.

I start walking down the stairs, heading for the streets, when Ross rushes past me and stops right in front me, giving me no way around him.

"What are you doing?" I ask, a hint of laughter in my voice.

Instead of doing the normal, sensible thing to do, he decides to put one arm around my back, pulling me towards him, causing me to stumble forward. I'm guessing he planned for that to happen as he swept his other arm under my legs, lifting them up. He now holds me bridal style.

"Wha- Seriously?" I giggle, moving my hands around his for extra support.

"Yes! Just keeping my girl from having to do much whilst she is pregnant!" He grins.

"Okay, that's very sweet and everything, but I'm not that pregnant at the moment" I point out. "I can walk down some stairs, I believe I am very capable of that" I say with slight sarcasm. "I'm not that far along you know. Maybe in a few months you can do this" I smile. :)

"Whilst we're on that topic, how far along are you?" Ross questions me.

I think about it for a few moments before answering "I don't actually know. All I know is that Mon made me take a test and it was positive, meaning that I am pregnant!" I only took that test a few days ago so I could be a week pregnant or I could be weeks more than that. I doubt I'm that far along, I mean, it's not like I'm showing yet.

I look Ross in the eyes and ask him "Can you book us a doctors appointment when we get to yours please. They doctors on the maternity ward will tell us how far along we are with this pregnancy. I didn't even get much morning sickness, apart from the last week. But I didn't have it this morning, so that's a bit confusing!" I say.

Ross looks at me with a confused look missed with one of his thinking faces. "When was it you started to throw up?" he asks with concern.

I think about it for a couple of seconds. "The day we broke up, maybe the day before. It was when we really started having trouble I think" Wait a minute.

"Well, do you think that the throwing up isn't or wasn't morning sickness, but, I don't know, caused by our troubles? I mean, if they started when our problems got really bad and stopped after we got back together... That may be the reason why you were having these symptoms" I was sort of thinking the same thing.

"Yeah, maybe"

"Not every pregnancy causes 'morning sickness', some women go through the entire pregnancy without nausea you know. You might be one of those people" He smiles at me.

I let out a slight laugh before replying "Maybe"

There is a moment of silence between us. We reach the bottom of the stairs and Ross says "Lets get you back to mine, shall we?"

I smile and nod my head.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, I don't think I wrote that very well. I feel like I kept repeating the same stuff... Did I? Was it alright?

I'm sitting in bed waiting for something to happen on the peoples choice awards website. It's slightly annoying that the show is American and I live in the UK because for us it doesn't start until 1 in the morning... Whoop-de-do ay? -_-

The show being like 5 hours long doesn't exactly help does it?... It'd be finishing at like 6am... I have to get up and get ready for school an hour after that!

This is so not going to work out! But I so want to watch the whole thing and the only way for me to do that is to watch it live...

The videos that stay on the page are only small clip-its from the night... :(

It is currently 23:23 for me.