Fight to the death

Ethan's POV

------------

I ran as fast as I can. I know that I'm closer to the main road, I can feel it.

Justin did say that he knew his way around this forest so hopefully he is waiting on the road already.

Hold on Justin, I'm coming.

At the moment, I felt hope and freedom. Justin and I will be free from Danny.

I quicken my pace with each step but a loud painful yell filled my ears.

I tripped over a rock as I felt my heart start to beat loudly in my chest.

"ETHAN!"

I laid my hand on a tree near by to help keep my balance.

That...that voice!

I shook my head as I turned to look back at the dark forest.

NO IT CAN'T BE!

My eyes widened as I heard the desperate yell once again.

"ETHAN!"

I quickly felt my body tense up with anger and fear.

"JUSTIN!" I yelled back through the dark forest.

There was no response. He has him.

Danny has him.

I quickly felt my feet move into action as I began to head back into the forest. I ran as fast as I can. I have to save him. He will not die! Not here, not now!

I kept on running but I soon stopped as I heard humming in the distance.

I quickly hid behind a tree and peeked my head out to the right so I could see who was walking by.

I gasped at the sight.

Justin was bleeding. Blood was flowing out from his stomach.

I could see his hand trying to press down onto the wound so he could try to stop the bleeding but from the looks of it, it wasn't working.

I looked up to see Danny. He was smiling and humming some sort of lullaby.

He was pulling Justin by the legs. He was dragging him like a dead animal.

I felt anger boil up inside me.

How dare he! I will kill him! It's the only way.

I watched Danny carefully. I was trying to find the right moment to attack.

Danny laid his back on a tree and tried to catch his breath.

I guess he was exhausted from dragging Justin.

I looked down at Justin and saw that he was still awake. But he kept on closing and opening his eyes. If I don't hurry. He will die from the loss of blood.

Danny was smiling down at Justin.

"I told you that you won't make it out alive."

He bent down and wiped away some blood from Justin's mouth.

He sighed loudly.

"Too bad that I have to kill a beautiful creature like you."

Here's my chance.

I quickly jumped into action as I swing my bat towards him and hit him directly in the jaw.

I heard a loud crack as I saw him fall to the ground.

He clenched his jaw in pain as he looked up at me with anger in his eyes.

He growled at me as he quickly lifted himself off from the ground and punched me straight in the face.