Mystics

Barry's POV

Barry tapped his fingertips on the inside of the desk before him. Folders piled in front of him, taped with nametags, littered with criminals, yet the only one Barry could not bring himself to open was Captain Cold.

It had been nine days since Leonard had visited...

Nine days since he signified the end of Barry's realm.

Barry was not as such broken anymore but lost.
Leonards visit reassured him that it was not love or a mystic dimension of romance and assorted and perfectly picked but fate that love doesn't exist.

Barry was not a lost soul but he had a lost fate. Barry was a superhero; he was the Flash. Barry was a forensic scientist, a loyal and assertive police officer.

But Barry wasn't happy, he had no sense of direction, no yearning to be or do anything great. It seemed as if life before Leonard was better.

He tapped his finger on the file, he flipped the first page over. The brown thin crust falling through the air. His vision water over, the words a blurred smudge before him, lines of inked lies.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, a liable distraction to the omniscient presence of his unforboding love.

It was Joe, 'coffee at Jitters? Now?'

A simple reply of yes was enough of an excuse to avoidable the unavoidable.

...

At Jitters Joe was cradling a mug of coffee, his black coat dragging on the floor from the stool. Barry slithered beside him, snatching a 'Killer Frost' before he sat.

Joe purses his lips, an uncomfortable silence falling over the two.

Before long Joe spoke up, with his best attempt at sincerity.

'Bear, I know that lately, in these past few weeks, I haven't been there for you and I'm sorry. It wasn't your fault, I was just-'

'Angry. I know, don't worry Joe.'

Barry suddenly felt a stun on his wrist, he looked down and his skin was burning red. The ink of his soulmark quickly drawing out, fading.

He excused himself from coffee and bolted home.

Barry sat beside his window, the dusk lights streaming over him. He watched his wrist.

His breath was heavy, fear creeping into his mind that Leonard might die. He didn't want this fear, this pain. He spent the whole of his life waiting for something that was wrong. It wasn't a mystical, magical romance blossoming with a fuelled heat and passion, it was nothing. It was empty.

He had to move on.

With or without Leonard Snart.