Our Blood

Leonard's POV
'Stop it Lisa.'
Leonard shoved his sister, groaning as he sat up. She had attempted to wrap up his ribs wth bandages in hope it would heal. The robbery last night had proved unsuccessful; Leonard's father, Lewis got word and was on a flight back to Central City.

Leonard could only be annoyed with himself; this was the one chance he has to make sure his father didn't return. If that had gone well, they would left in control of Central City as Lewis branched our to further his onslaught.

Lisa sat next her injured brother, 'those metas last night, I found where they're from.'

Leonard raised his eyebrows in annoyance, 'Star labs, funnily enough I actually know that guy in the red suit.'

Leonard jumped forward, his voice raging, 'what?!'

Lisa rolled her eyes backward, 'yeah, he's the Flash, that big superhero all over Central city lately.'

Leonard's body had become so filled with spite and frustration that his body had become numb. His hands shook beneath his eyes, the fingertips a blur in his eyesight. He heard muffled words but ignored them, walking to his room. Leonard stumbled up the stairs in a desperate attempt to get to lay down, he slammed the door shut but fell beside it. He coughed holding his ribs in agonising pain, thick, red blood splattered all over the wooden panels. He grabbed at his throat, the blood clotting it as he gagged onto the floor.

Leonard woke up covered in his own blood, laying in dried crimson. He didn't remember how he got there, he could only feel the punching soreness of his ribs. He had ended up crawling to his bathroom and hoisting himself into he bath while the cold water ran. It spilt all over his bruises, all over the cuts, it was the only thing that could heal him, nothing else could.

Barry's POV

At the robbery, last night, something awfully strange happened to Barry. He didn't feel. Not as in his body, he could always feel the bruises as they swelled, but in his mind. Everything has shut down, as if the struggle of everyday had finally been enough for him and it stopped working. He couldn't work out what it was, everyone had been safe last night, well relatively. That robbery had messed with him somehow and it was amiss to Barry how, or why.

Today Iris had gotten on his case about a girlfriend, she was right in some aspects, that he needed to start dating but, not in the aspect of girls...

Barry had never really gone out? Or gone dating? Gone...with someone? Whatever it is Barry hasn't done it. It felt right but also, strange. He didn't know anyone who was like that, so it was hard to understand his own emotions when the only examples he had were all...not like him.

Barry decided that tonight he would go out. Somewhere that his friends would never even consider going to...seclusive, out of the way. After an hour of looking at maps and speeding through town he finally picked a spot, a dingy bar for criminals hidden away from the street.

The biggest problem Barry Allen faced was what to wear. Barry was although yes fast, he was not fast at choosing the clothes he wanted. An unfortunate trait for a boy with a sister who never cared about clothing all that much.

In the end, after rumbling through all of his clothes, he picked a simple blue shirt and black jeans, casual yet...fierce?

Time to go find some boys.

...or at least...try.