Red Coated Man

Leonard POV

Leonard laid on the sand as Lisa and Mick splashed around in the waves. They got engaged yesterday, another reassurance that he was going to be forever alone. He hoped that he would meet his match...but after a few years went by, and a few more, Leonard began to give up hope. He devoted his life to the job, to crime.

Leonard was supposed to have a big job this weekend but Lisa had cancelled it so he would stay. Of course, per usual, their father unknowing of the new engagement had some pretty unlawful things to say. To Leonard and Lisa's happiness he left town and went to visit a friend in Europe.

They were left, the three amigos, amongst the water and salt, the sand sticking to their skin and the wind along the shore.

The words, 'please let me help you' had always reassured Leonard, but today it only further depressed him. He thought about how he would meet his soul mate, whether he should die in that moment, the words falling into his ears as his eyes closed. Leonard thought that the pain he will experience to be so awful that someone should help him...or try?

For the rest of the day he laid in the sand, watching the new couple as he bathed in the sun.

Barry's POV

Barry had, after two weeks, gotten a link to the grand thieves who kept robbing Central City. They had been staying quiet of late but someone tipped off the police department that a huge robbery was going to take place tonight in a jewellery store downtown.

Tonight was the night he caught them.

Leonard's POV

As the blood was running down his face he swung his fist at the short wavy haired figure. The man jumped through loops made in thin air, he never once fought back, only evading Leonard's attacks.

Leonard could hear Lisa and Mike behind him screaming, he couldn't tell whether it was each other or the policemen who were closing in.

He knew exactly what his father would say right now.

'You should've let me plan it.'

Leonard pushed the though out of his mind and shot his cold gun, the ground turning to ice. The black haired figure slipped and laid on the ground groaning, mumbling something to a girl in the corner. In an instant her hair turned white and she struck Leonard in the chest, he flew backward hitting a metal pole.

His attacker had made enough time for Lisa and Mike to throw a grenade and escape, their yelling dispersing as they ran together. The explosion shook the building and masses of concrete began to fall. The frozen woman disappeared suddenly and then the air ridden figure too, Leonard was alone to die.

He was sure that the concrete above him would crush his body but for a moment he was in a tranquil silence. He saw the red figured man, the same one who 'saved' that girl from him before...his body was so lean, so tall.

So, so- beautiful.

Leonard felt rage tingle through his body, a furious anger, yet the red man was not moving, still within the chaos. Leonard felt his body beginning to surrender underneath the concrete, he began to worm his way out of the rubble, his stare locked with the lean man. In this moment of complexity, it gave Leonard time to limper out of the back down and escape with a hand full of jewels, all he could carry with his now broken ribcage.

The red man did not follow...

But Barry did think about it.