Withheld

🌞 Hey guys! Sorry I've been so busy lately with life but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Xx. 🌞

Leonard's POV

One month since the incident and Leonard's body has finally healed, some of the heavier bruised still stained his skin but the cuts had all but disappeared. Leonard forced his way through the last door of the bank, the cold steel doors swinging open before him. Lewis shoved his son out of the way, pushing him to the ground. Lisa helped her brother up, signalling to her husband to start loading the truck.

Leonard grabbed the desk beside him, his legs barely able to hold his weight. Since Lewis's attack, Leonard had only been the subject to his fits of anger more and more. Lisa was sure that his leg had been broken, but going to a doctor risked being caught by authorities, so, Leonard had to deal with the pain.

The lights above began flashing and before Leonard could turn to run, his accomplices had already vanished. He fell to the floor, unable to hold himself up any longer and dragged his body underneath the desk, vaguely hoping that the police would not notice him.

Police officers rushed into the bank, only their feet visible to Leonard as he sat shivering underneath the desk. His continual beatings hadn't helped his growing sickness, he assumed it was a cold or the flu but he couldn't be sure.

Leonard squeezed his eyes shut to try to avoid the immense pain growing within his body. When he opened his eyes, although blurry, the red-coated figure sat before him, clutching his hand within his own. The man wrapped his arms underneath the broken man and in a flash, they were gone.

Barry's POV

Once again, after so long, Barry laid Leonard down carefully on his white sheets. His tormented body limp as he sank into the bed. Barry scanned his soulmates rough skin, he lay covered in purple and black welts. Leonard had fallen unconscious in the younger's arms, his eyes flickering as they ran through the silent night.

Barry's mind raced, pain pounding at his head as he stared in horror at his soulmate. He backed up against the wall behind him and let his body fall helplessly to the floor. He failed. He couldn't save him.

Barry wrapped his weakening arms around his head, as water streamed along his rose cheeks. The salted tears felt horribly sickening on his skin, as if it were poison dripping into his veins. It felt as if his lungs were filling with water, and all he could do was drown. His breathing became heavy, his chest burning with anxiety. All his emotions had bottled up inside him, all pain had rested in his heart and now it had overflowed and cast a shadow over who he should be. His heart shattered inside him like glass, the moment he saw Leonard's black shoes underneath that wooden desk, he knew he was truly broken; and he had just, finally, convinced himself he wasn't. 

The tears gushed over lips, dripping onto his tongue as he gasped for air between sobs. It felt like a storm inside his mind, as if he were invisible to world, as if his pain was invisible...

Barry screamed out as he crushed his head under the pressure of his hands, squeezing his eyes closed as he struggled to breath. All of a sudden he felt hands around his wrists, he pushed back but the force was too strong. They pushed him down onto the floor, straddling his waist as he continued to sob.

Barry opened his eyes to see his soulmate forcing his weight down on the young man. His hands plastered Barry's wrists above his head as he sat on the younger's waist. In shock, Barry had stopped struggling, his body frozen. The air was thick with sexual tension, their eyes locked in temptation. Leonard slowly reached his hand down to his soulmate's face, gently wiping the tears from his rose checks. Barry's shivered at his touch.

'Barry you're burning up.'

Barry's lip quivered underneath the older man. Leonard dragged his fingertips over his face, pulling off the red mask his soulmate still bore. His hands slipped into the brown ruffled hair before him, tugging at the rough strands. Barry's entire body shivered, gaining a look of unease from the man above him.

Leonard leant down, their faces inches apart. He ran his thumb over his checks, passionately staring at the burning red spots on the man's soft skin.

His whispered, causing Barry to tense underneath him, 'I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Barry.'

Leonard let his head fall on the younger's shoulder, he squeezed his shoulders in pain, as if all the agony from Lewis' beatings were only a glimpse of the pain Leonard felt for his soulmate.

Tears streamed over Barry's face, dropping onto the floor below him. Leonard grabbed his face, shaking his head at the younger man.

'Stop Barry! Stop it! Please...please stop.'

Leonard sat upright, screaming into the air in anger.

Barry grabbed his fist, sliding his fingers in between the older man's, feeling his rough skin against his own. Leonard stared longingly, leaning onto his lover.

He rested his face centimetres away from Barry's, tracing his tongue along the younger's lips. He placed his own, gently kissing his soulmate. Barry's hands moved up his body, sliding them underneath Leonard's shirt and onto his chiseled stomach, running his fingertips along the deep, engraved lines on his skin.

The two men began to devour each other, enveloping one another in steaming, passionate kisses. Barry clawed at his lovers back, leaving thick red bruises along his spine.

Through heavy breaths Leonard spoke first, 'Barry...', the younger ignored his voice and continued to melt his lips into the olders neck.

'Barry, I need you.'

'I know.'