Chapter seventeen-Marianne's Performance.

Xzavier's P.O.V

Thursday passed in a blink. And it was just another day of college and bearing the cold weather which was surprisingly sparing me from frost bite which I was grateful for. I pulled on my black jumper and dark jeans, slid on my black glasses, after finally stuffing me feet into my white Nike's. I sprayed myself with a new Cologne that my mum decided to buy me yesterday and checked myself in the full length mirror once more before leaving my room to join my mum downstairs. It was 6:00pm, an hour before Marianne's performance.

I walked down the stairs and once I arrived at the bottom I walked over to the coat hanger and grabbed my jacket.

"Honey is that you!?" My mum bellowed

"It's me mum" I said walking over to the mirror in the hallway were she stood. I kissed the top of her head lightly.

"Oh. Honey, its almost time to go. You smell nice what is that you have on?"

"The spray you brought me remember?" I chuckled. Taking out my phone.

"Oh yes! It smells wonderful doesn't it?"

"Yeah mum. It does"

"Right okay, we have to get going or else we're going to be late. Chop chop" she clapped her hands. Moving to the direction of the front door.

"Mum I assure you late is the last thing we're going to be. It starts at 7" I followed her trying to keep up with her pace "Its" I checked my phone, "6:10" she suddenly changed direction and headed to the kitchen "Where's Dad?"

"I told him to meet us there. By the time he makes it back here it'll already be too late" she slowed her pace completely and retrieved a glass from the cupboard and took out the water from the fridge filling the glass with it. She then went over to retrieve a paracetamol from on of the drawers. She plopped it into her mouth and chugged back the water.

"What's up?"

She took a breath "I feel a headache coming on and that's the last thing I need right now." She paused "isn't Layla coming along? And that friend of yours what's his name?" She furrowed her eyebrows in thought.

"Nick. And yeah he's coming with Layla. They're going to meet us there too." I walked over to the fridge taking out the tropical juice from the shelf and chugging some back, not bothering to get a cup.

"Xzavier! There are perfectly good cups right there. You must stop drinking from the bottle" my mum scolded.

I stopped drinking and placed the bottle back in the fridge and took out a chocolate bar I'd brought but didn't eat yesterday. "Sorry mum" I smiled my sweetest smile for her.

She rolled her eyes and rinsed her cup dried it and put it back in the cupboard. "That doesn't work on me. Now let's go before we are late for your sisters performance. I wanna get a front seat" and with that she scurried of to the front door and shouted back "you're driving!"

What is with her thinking were going to be late. Its not even 6:30 yet and Marianne's school wasn't far. Of course I was excited to see my little sister perform her dance routine with the other dancers but at this rate we'd get there when they are still setting up the chairs. Which is just embarrassing.