Chapter sixteen-This will be fun.

"Broccoli, celery, cabbage, green peas, runner beans, courgettes, lettuce... I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of" I stated all the green vegetables I knew just as Xzavier asked. We were talking about our favourite foods and ended up naming the foods we hate. Then somehow we got onto the subject of vegetables and how many we knew then we talked about types of colour veg. Conversations with my best friend could turn out to be totally far of the initial subject.

He chuckled, running a hand through his brown hair. "Cabbage is a vegetable. Huh" he looked off into the distance like he was having a flashback "I never thought of it like that."

I eyed him weirdly "well its not a freakin' fruit. What did you think of it as?"

He shrugged lazily. " I don't know. I've never really liked cabbage anyway"

I rolled my eyes, for the millionth time today, "you're such an idiot"

"Shut up you love me" he tilted my chin up so I could face him.

Xzavier and I were sat in the café he called me to meet him at. The surprise beverage he brought me was in fact a new strawberry and cherry smoothie and it tasted divine. Although if I'd seen it initially on the menu I wouldn't have ordered it just because it sounded pretty strange to me, however I now claimed it as my new favourite smoothie, my old one was banana.... No longer! It was all about strawberry and cherry for me as of the first moment it touched my tongue.

"So the reason I actually called you to come meet me wasn't because I wanted to talk about green veggies." He laughed "its because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to Marianne's performance. She's dancing, it's at her school on Friday night."

Marianne was Xzavier's little sister in primary school. She was in year 6 so she was 11 years old, actually one of the eldest in her class. I'd only seen her a few times whereas I used to see her very often but school life took over and I became busier so I took up Xzavier's offer "I'd love to! Yay" I clapped my hands continuously "What time is it? Is Nick going?"

"It's at 7:00 sharp and Nick can come I'll tell him to come by" he took a sip of his smoothie which was the same as mine. "Mums making me go" he groaned exaggeratedly

I laughed and hit his arm. "I'm sure you'll live through the performance. What type of dance does she do?"

"Hip hop and contemporary. But she's performing hip hop on Friday. She's still learning with the contemporary. She wanted to do it, but I advised her not to because it wouldn't be the best thing for dozens and dozens of people to see her fall flat on her face or break her arm whilst dancing, on stage" he shrugged "just doing my brotherly duties and keeping her from embarrassing herself...oh and hurting herself of course. Cheers to me" and he sipped more of his smoothie through straw.

I shook my head at him and tried to suppress a laugh I had building up inside me but I could feel myself smiling hard. "You're an idiot you know that. You play around to much" I finally let go of my stifling laugh and Xzavier joined in almost chocking on his smoothie. After catching my breath I continued "You should teach her to follow her dreams. If she wants to do contemporary then tell her to go for it. I'm sure she can't be that bad"

Xzavier caught his breath and widened his eyes. "That bad!? Layla she only started with contemporary last week. That bad huh? She tried to do a spin and almost knocked the cat out, the poor guy almost jumped out of his fur scared half to death."

That's it I was gone. I laughed aso hard that I was surprised the smoothie didn't come out of my ears and nose. I regretted taking a sip before he started to explain.

"You think that's bad? Yesterday, when I came from your house and got home she insisted on showing me a new move she made up. Of course like the amazing brother I am I agreed to watch her perform it to me." He paused and rolled up his sleeves revealing his wrists "you see this?" He pointed to a place on his wrists. To be honest I was just trying to catch my breath so I had to focus my vision on what he was showing me "this, miss teach your sister to follow her dreams, is a bruise. She made up a series of moves that consisted of a jump in the splits followed by a twirl Spinny thing and then she done something on the floor, which is when I got worried because I thought she became possessed but I was quickly reassured she was fine when she stood up, brushed her hair from her face and curtsied flashing a smile. She ended up kicking me in my wrist and then I banged into the wall completely hurting my back. I was dazed Layla" he stopped, clearly laughing at me laughing. 

"Wait wait! Shhh" I needed oxygen. I had to quit laughing. I breathed in and out calmly. "Man. that's mean!" I wiped my eyes full of tears. "Such cruelty"

"No, it was honest. I'll teach her to follow her dreams taking into consideration it's not dangerous to any other human being or herself. She'll break her neck doing contemporary. Plus, mum and dad agree. She's just inexperienced... She'll get there. Just not by Friday" he was chuckling and turned his attention to his phone. "L?"

"Yeah?"

"How's my hair? Its okay right?" He asked changing subjects.

"Yeah it's hot"

"Aww you always know what to say" he squeezed my cheeks. "But seriously. How is it I just know this wind is doing my hair no good. I bet the style has blown out."  He put on his hood and turned his attention to his phone and read whatever was on the screen.

"Yeah stay just like that. Here lemme take a picture"  he smiled at his phone.

I handed the phone to Xzavier and he eyed up the photo "wow

I handed the phone to Xzavier and he eyed up the photo "wow. My hair does look hot" he laughed. "I'll trust your judgment next time" he said sarcastically narrowing his eyes at me. And he gave me back my phone

"Exactly." I arched my eyebrow and pointed my smoothie in his direction as I was about to take a sip.

A few minutes passed and we spoke about anything that came up, and with us it could be anything, then we decided to call it a day at 2:00. I'd spent a partially boring 3 hours in college from 9 till 12, partially because I did enjoy Art but then Economics and History kinda spoiled my day. But i had the most fun 2 hours outside with my best friend Xzavier.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Thursday." Xzavier stood up tucking in his chair and I copied his actions.

"Yeah tomorrow. I'll probably call you in the morning" I gave him a tight hug before we both went our separate ways he was headed to meet his cousin for a little 'catch up' as he put it. And I was going home. I was tired as ever and just wanted to snuggle up in my bed and get out of this icy air. I pulled my trench coat tighter around my body, adjusted my handbag and walked in the direction of my car.